Indiana Class of 2009 is full

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edkNARF

A is A
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my rejection letter from Indiana. I was suprised since I withdrew back in October, but I digress... There was a line in the letter that I thought those still waiting to hear from IUSD might want to know:

The committee filled the class and selected alternates last week. Unforunately, they did not grant you admission to the entering class of 2005.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Members don't see this ad.

edkNARF said:
I just got my rejection letter from Indiana. I was suprised since I withdrew back in October, but I digress... There was a line in the letter that I thought those still waiting to hear from IUSD might want to know:

The committee filled the class and selected alternates last week. Unforunately, they did not grant you admission to the entering class of 2005.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Hey, thats funny since I just opened mine like two minutes ago. Same thing here though I withdrew my application after I interviewed there back in Sept., but I guess that was good of them to let people know where they stand.

Thanks for the info...what they mean is they are no longer interviewing those still in the pool and they have sent out enough acceptances to fill the class. They also sent out enough acceptances back on 12/1 to fill the class but they are still not full (out of state spots)...ie less than 30 out of state deposits have come in but more than 30 acceptances have been sent out. As an alternate, I know it moves quickly and will do so up until the first day of class. So, they probably just sent you that letter to let you know you will not be interviewed nor will those who arent waitlisted. A few years back I heard it moved 50 spots (the alternate list). So, in other words it was a nice way of saying thanks but no thanks. After hearing from Temple, I turned down NYU and received a pre-dated letter (dated the day before I called the school to tell them I wanted to remove myself from consideration) saying that they couldnt select me for the class of 2009...its all a bunch of games. They dont want you to reject them they want to reject you. Anyway, just my $.02. But, for you it doesnt matter you have so many places to choose from and already picked where you want to go.