Indiana Med.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by turnster, Apr 16, 2002.

1. turnster

turnster Junior Member

Has anyone heard anything from IU lately? I interviewed back in October and haven't heard anything (except for my file being complete). They told me that they were hoping to have all the applicants reviewed by June 1st.

thanks...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. turnster

turnster Junior Member

4. opel

opel Senior Member

I also interviewed in October. Indiana med. have the worst administration in the world. Everytime I call they tell me that my file has been complete but they have not reviewed it yet. Then I ask them do you think it will be reviewed and their response is "I don't know". If I knew they were that louzy I would have not gone to the interview.

5. time quaker

time quaker Senior Member

Indiana reviews applications only when they get to the "top of the heap." They order applications from top to bottom by a formula that incorporates your GPA, MCAT, and interview scores. I'm sure they also include state of residence in there too.

6. crazygop

crazygop Member

IU sends acceptances on the 15th of every month and other notification at other times. They are sort of slow there.

7. turnster

turnster Junior Member

8. crazygop

crazygop Member

turnster -

I don't think there is much more to say on this topic - IU sends on 15th of the month for acceptances so be happy if you get anything immediately following the ides. The only thing that kind of sucks about getting in on these later dates is that your campus placement may not be what you wish for the 1st two years.