1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Indiana Medical

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by slim_shanie, Mar 22, 2002.

1. slim_shanie

slim_shanie Member
    7+ Year Member

I was just wondering if anyone received any notification from IU this month. I know they send letters around the 15th and, with the way they do mail here, a letter could be here for all I know. Also, are the acceptances in letters or big envelopes? Yes i know thats a weird question haha :p Thanks a lot!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. slim_shanie

slim_shanie Member
    7+ Year Member

bumpy bump bump

4. Keith

Keith Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i interviewed 2-13 and haven't heard anything. however, my file wasn't complete until about 10 days later as it was missing the "dean's letter".
    good luck

5. steiner19er

steiner19er Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am not a pre-allo student. I am however going to IU dental next year. If anyone is looking for a roomie, PM me. I have no idea where to live, so if anyone wants a roomate contact me.

6. time quaker

time quaker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The acceptance is a 8 x 11 size envelope. Not too thick. Good luck

7. slim_shanie

slim_shanie Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. Our envelopes are separated from the real mail and students do the mail so they do it whenever they feel like it. At any rate, I hope to see so me of you there next year! Keeping my hopes up.

I interviewed Jan 2. My file also wasn't complete until early february. I didn't know about the Dean's letter and my registrar didn't send my grades away the first time I requested it. Yecch!

Take care!

:D

8. crazygop

crazygop Member
    7+ Year Member

I was accepted this month - the letter does come in 8.5 x 11. They take a while to get to your file, so don't sweat it too much.

9. westsidespartan

westsidespartan Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Keith, I was there 2/13 as well. I just got the postcard saying my file was complete a week ago... I don't know if I made the March 15 decision date or not. Are you an in-state student? If not, let me know if/when you hear something. I loved Indiana, but I know my chances as an out-of-stater are minimal at best.

10. medica2006

medica2006 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I also interviewd on 2-13 and have not heard anything. I am from Indiana, so it would save me a lot of money if I get accepted.

11. time quaker

time quaker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I know that back in November they were mailing on the 15th of every month, but the decisions were made around the 10th. If things haven't changed, then you (2/13 interviewees) will probably have to wait till next month. Good luck!