Indiana Pharmacy MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nim0619

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help!!! Is there anyone that can help me with the Indiana Pharmacy Law Review? I didn't go to school in that state and I've failed the MPJE twice now. (74 both times and needed a 75 to pass). I need some advice on study materials. What works and what doesn't.

TIA

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken the test yet and I am in the same boat as you; I'm not from the state. Do you know how its weighted? How many questions there are? Is it more law or pharmacotherapeutic? Is there a lot of match or select all that applies?

I just recently got licensed there a few months ago. I just studied their law material on the Board website.
Hi ValeRx,
Do you know the general breakdown? I plan to read the whole law book but didn’t know which content to concentrate more on. Is it tricky or straight forward?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi ValeRx,
Do you know the general breakdown? I plan to read the whole law book but didn’t know which content to concentrate more on. Is it tricky or straight forward?

I'll be honest. I've taken nine state law exams over the last few months so I really can't recall anything specifically. Tennessee was the one I had the hardest time with and failed that with a 74. I've passed all the others easily.

That’s so impressive. I’m planning to do multistate license also. Thanks for the information. I glanced at Tennessee and it seemed challenging.

That’s so impressive. I’m planning to do multistate license also. Thanks for the information. I glanced at Tennessee and it seemed challenging.

The problem I had with TN is that they tell you to study the 1140, which are their rules. Unfortunately it doesn't talk about half the stuff the exam asks you about. Those rules don't teach you about TN specific controlled substance laws, prescriber abilities such as nurses, etc.

The problem I had with TN is that they tell you to study the 1140, which are their rules. Unfortunately it doesn't talk about half the stuff the exam asks you about. Those rules don't teach you about TN specific controlled substance laws, prescriber abilities such as nurses, etc.

I had a hard time navigating through their site, one newsletter says their online content is not up-to-date and suggests ordering paper copies (don’t know where to order, gonna have to email the BOP there I guess). That’s why I skipped that state for now.

I had a hard time navigating through their site, one newsletter says their online content is not up-to-date and suggests ordering paper copies (don’t know where to order, gonna have to email the BOP there I guess). That’s why I skipped that state for now.

The thing is, in their letter that they mail you, all they tell you to do is read 1140 - so they really make it seem like that's all the content you'll need.

The thing is, in their letter that they mail you, all they tell you to do is read 1140 - so they really make it seem like that's all the content you'll need.
I was planning to contact their BOP for their exam material, but now I’m a little concerned that they will set me up like they did you. Can you tell me what else did you have to study on top of their law in 1140? You mentioned controlled substances...

I was planning to contact their BOP for their exam material, but now I’m a little concerned that they will set me up like they did you. Can you tell me what else did you have to study on top of their law in 1140? You mentioned controlled substances...

I'm taking the exam again tomorrow. I failed with a 74 a couple months ago. Aside from the 1140, I started looking up their "healing arts" laws under Tennessee state law.