Indiana Residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Being an Indiana resident, there is, of course, only 1 medical school in the entire state (IU). Does anyone know of any other state schools that consider Indiana residents to have "special ties" to them? For example, I spoke with a U of Louisville admissions director and she told me that Indiana residents are viewed to have "special ties" to Kentucky, and thus, will have their applications considered.

Members don't see this ad.

Being an Indiana resident, there is, of course, only 1 medical school in the entire state (IU). Does anyone know of any other state schools that consider Indiana residents to have "special ties" to them? For example, I spoke with a U of Louisville admissions director and she told me that Indiana residents are viewed to have "special ties" to Kentucky, and thus, will have their applications considered.

I think there may be some ties between certain undergrad institutions and med schools. For example, there are always a couple of IU students who get into MCW each year -- maybe it's coincidence, but then again, there are a handful of schools who come to IU each year and promote their school. I'm not sure if they'd waste their time if they weren't interested. Then again, it could just be to get a few extra thousand dollars in application fees.