Indiana School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AudioslaveFan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from IU yet? I interviewed Sept 7th and have not heard from them.

Did anyone else interview there? If you heard back, was it by email or by regular mail?

Members don't see this ad.

I had mine on the 13th of Sept. haven't heard yet either. They said that they mail out responses on the 15th of every month starting in Oct. Our decisions are already in the mail. Good Luck!!!!

Well, a friend of mine received her letter of acceptance today and I got nothing. She lives in Indy so I hope that because it was in-city mail that it got to her house faster. I have to wait for mine to get to St. Louis, so hopefully an envelope arrives at my door tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be interviewing there soon

so I will be asking you some questions fo' sho' :smuggrin:

Hoping it comes today so I can get on with my life!

I interviewed the first week of October, so I'm assuming I'll have to wait at least another month. Oh the agony!!! Good luck to the rest of you who may find out soon!

i didn't get word in the mail today :-(

ravin said:
i didn't get word in the mail today :-(

Patience I guess lad and gents....

Anyone that interviewed late august or early september hear anything from them yet? I interviewed on the first day of interviews and have not gotten anything.

themach said:
Anyone that interviewed late august or early september hear anything from them yet? I interviewed on the first day of interviews and have not gotten anything.

are you an in-state student?

themach said:
no, i'm international

Hey, does being an international student have anything to do with it? I'm international and I'm still waiting for my letter. I interviewed the second week of the season.

keedz said:
Hey, does being an international student have anything to do with it? I'm international and I'm still waiting for my letter. I interviewed the second week of the season.

I dunno keedz, maybe...like I said, i interviewed the first day possible and have not heard anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please post the USNEWS data for IU? I am particularly interested in the interviewed/accepted/matriculated ratio for in-state students.

AudioslaveFan said:
Can someone please post the USNEWS data for IU? I am particularly interested in the interviewed/accepted/matriculated ratio for in-state students.
If you do post, please post for out of state students as well, thanks

medhacker said:
If you do post, please post for out of state students as well, thanks

Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 2,203 841 383 280
In-state: 598 537 302 248
Out-of-state: 1,605 304 81 32
Women: 999 378 183 128
Minorities: N/A N/A N/A N/A
International: 18 14 4 2

themach said:
Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 2,203 841 383 280
In-state: 598 537 302 248
Out-of-state: 1,605 304 81 32
Women: 999 378 183 128
Minorities: N/A N/A N/A N/A
International: 18 14 4 2

Thanks thematch

medhacker said:
Thanks thematch

So, IU accepted 56% of the in-state applicants they interviewed last year.

I know that IU has a policy of offering all Indiana resident applicants with a 22 MCAT, 3.2 GPA an interview so I hope a lot of the 44% that didn't get an offer fell into the minumum categories. My numbers are in-line with the average student that matriculated last year so I have my fingers crossed that I didn't somehow blow my interview. I think I interviewed a full 45 minutes,...don't know if that is a good sign or a bad sign.

yeah, i really liked IU - too bad I'm non in-state. Although the stats for international aren't that bad. I haven't heard from them though. Still hoping...

themach said:
yeah, i really liked IU - too bad I'm non in-state. Although the stats for international aren't that bad. I haven't heard from them though. Still hoping...

I'm not in-state either, and I'm still waiting to hear back. They mail decisions on the 15th of every month... Hopefully we'll receive some good news in a few weeks!

Has anyone heard one way or another?
I'm beginning to think that they didn't mail anything out Oct. 15.
Chopianista said:
I'm not in-state either, and I'm still waiting to hear back. They mail decisions on the 15th of every month... Hopefully we'll receive some good news in a few weeks!

The waiting begins for this month!

I interviewed Sept. 7th. A friend of mine who interviewed on the same day found out the week of Oct. 15th. I called after some time passed. They had not even reviewed my app yet. I am going to call later today.

I notice that one of the earlier posts mentions that someone received their acceptance on October 18th. October 15th and 16th fell on the weekend so the letters probably went out of the 17th and she received her message most likely one day after they were mailed,...so I think some people should hear from IU today.

Good luck to us all!!!

I called, and I haven't even been reviewed yet! I interviewed a little over a month ago. Looks like another month of waiting for me...

I received a note from them dated 11/9 saying my file was complete and it would go before the committee next time they met, but IU keeps the committee meeting date guarded so who knows if I was reviewed this time.

Old Man Rich said:
I received a note from them dated 11/9 saying my file was complete and it would go before the committee next time they met, but IU keeps the committee meeting date guarded so who knows if I was reviewed this time.

Any word from IU this month? I am thrilled to get an out of state acceptance but it would sure be nice to hear from my state school.

No word from IU for me either. I interviewed as an out-of-stater September 7 as well. Upon calling, I was told I "continue to be under review" I think they will accept in-staters first, as it is the only Indiana state Med School, and others as spots open, just a guess. I really liked it there, so I hope that's the case..

no word, oos too, best wishes!

Im in in-stater who interviewed in November and I still havent heard a thing...though my low gpa could have something to do with it. Does anyone know if they even sent any acceptances in December????

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=4644

pguin said:
Im in in-stater who interviewed in November and I still havent heard a thing...though my low gpa could have something to do with it. Does anyone know if they even sent any acceptances in December????

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=4644

Surely someone has heard...I thought that they'd send acceptances, but I may be wrong. The admissions director told a friend that he may hear something in December.

ravin said:
Surely someone has heard...I thought that they'd send acceptances, but I may be wrong. The admissions director told a friend that he may hear something in December.

I'm actually an MS1 at IU, and regardless of when the committee meets, they only send acceptances/rejections on the 15th of each month. So unless you live far away, it's probably safe to say that you're not being accepted (but you're also not being rejected!) in December. Keep your fingers crossed to be in the January 15th bundle. :)

I know the waiting sucks. Hang in there and PM me if you have questions or anything.

indiana.jpg

I got an acceptance from them on the 18th of Nov. I should have posted earlier. And I'm an international too. Needless to say, i was freaking out :D ! Good luck Guys!!!!!!

keedz said:
I got an acceptance from them on the 18th of Nov. I should have posted earlier. And I'm an international too. Needless to say, i was freaking out :D ! Good luck Guys!!!!!!

hey keedz what up Congrats!!!...when was your interview? and do you live in Indiana although you are an international student? thanks

medhacker said:
hey keedz what up Congrats!!!...when was your interview? and do you live in Indiana although you are an international student? thanks

Hey, thanks! My interview was in mid September. I don't live in Indiana at all. Never even been there before the interview. I live in Baltimore.

Interview 9/14, accepted 1/15 (letter came today). In-state. 31/3.6.

boilerbeast said:
I'm actually an MS1 at IU, and regardless of when the committee meets, they only send acceptances/rejections on the 15th of each month. So unless you live far away, it's probably safe to say that you're not being accepted (but you're also not being rejected!) in December. Keep your fingers crossed to be in the January 15th bundle. :)

I know the waiting sucks. Hang in there and PM me if you have questions or anything.

do you know if they have a different admissions pool for out of state students? thanks

medhacker said:
do you know if they have a different admissions pool for out of state students? thanks
Not sure if there are different admissions pools for in/out of staters...for what it's worth I'm OOS, interviewed in September, acceptance letter through snail mail dated 10/17... good luck! :luck:

Interviewed 10/5, accepted 1/21(letter dated 1/18)

3.4 overall GPA, 3.7 Science 30MCAT

post if you hear!

I called and the lady said letters were sent out yesterday, including mine. I interviewed the first week of January, by the way. So hopefully decisions for some people will be available soon.

Are there any in-state students here? If so, has anyone received anything from IU regarding their admission status?

I'm a first year at the Muncie Center. If any of you have any questions about being at a Center instead of Indianapolis, just ask :) (or any other questions) I remember when I interviewed nobody said much about the centers.

I'm an instater who interviewed in November...I still haven't heard a thing from IU and I'm pretty much starting to give up... Anyone know if its often that people get accepted after February at IU??

3.47/3.43 overall
33 MCAT (11/11/11)

It's still early, pguin. I didn't interview until March, got accepted in April.