Indiana University Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news on campus assignments?

Members don't see this ad.

Still not yet. The great Jose says they'll have them out to us by May 15...so potentially two weeks yet....that'll be quite a crazy day though when we get them and flood this forum with the news :luck:

I know they gave us a time frame of late April - early May for campus assignments, but now that it is nearly May I wish we could find out a little earlier. It could make the rest of the summer very busy depending on my campus placement.

In addition, I am playing Mr. Mom to my son this summer, so I am checking our mail immediately after delivery. I also live fairly close so I seem to receive correspondence quickly from IU. I will post here as soon as I get the magic letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Come on IU..................................please send us our campus assignments. The uncertainty of this entire process is driving me crazy!!!:scared:

I received a letter from IUSM today and became very excited to finally see which campus I would be assigned. It wasn't a campus assignment letter, it was a reminder to send IU an updated transcript. What a tease!!!!!!!!!!

I received a letter from IUSM today and became very excited to finally see which campus I would be assigned. It wasn't a campus assignment letter, it was a reminder to send IU an updated transcript. What a tease!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, I know!! I was so excited because I thought it was the campus assignment, too. Hopefully we'll hear something this week.

Ugh, I know!! I was so excited because I thought it was the campus assignment, too. Hopefully we'll hear something this week.

I didn't even get that letter! Considering that May 15th is one week from today, I think (hope) that we'll be hearing soon.

I called today to ask if they had an estimate for the delivery of campus assignments. He asked for my SSN and told me my assignment over the phone. They were mailed out yesterday or today. I got Indy, very happy.

Just to add to that...I called them after I read the previous post, and the woman said that I had not been assigned yet. She said they're sending out letters as they assign people - and they're trying to get through them this week. So frustrating!

I was afraid that would happen. I apologize, I feel like a jerk for having my assignment when others are still waiting. Hopefully this will be concluded by the end of the week.

It's different from waiting for acceptance letters but still...

SUSPENSE :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Today I called the Admissions Office to ask if they had any information. She asked for my social security #, typed it in, and said "You have been assign..." then stopped and said "hold on just a minute". After about 30 seconds she comes back and says I have not been assigned yet and it will be a week or so. Why do they toy with us? Has anyone gotten a letter?

I have not received a letter regarding campus placement. I am not going to relax about this until I have a piece of paper in my hand that says "Indianapolis".

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my campus assignment letter in the mail today. It doesn't sound like everybody will receive one at the same time, from previous posts. Good luck to everyone.

I received my campus assignment letter in the mail today. It doesn't sound like everybody will receive one at the same time, from previous posts. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats!

My dad just called me to let me know I've been assigned to the South Bend campus (my 1st choice). :D Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!

Just got my letter as well! Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!:luck:

Just got my letter as well! Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!:luck:

Where are you going to be?

I was gone for the weekend, and when I got back, the letter was waiting for me. I'm going to be in Bloomington, which was my first choice :D.

Bloomington for me, see some of you there and the rest of you in two years!!!!

Those of you who have received your assignments - did you get your first choice? Especially, has anyone who put Indy first been assigned somewhere else? (I fear this may be my fate)

I was assigned to Indy, which was my first choice. Good Luck....

I got my 5th choice...Terre Haute. I put Indy first. I wish you better luck than me.

Sorry to hear you guys got your fifth choices :(

Campus switching can be done, however, if you are really unhappy with where you were placed.

Where are you going to be?

I was gone for the weekend, and when I got back, the letter was waiting for me. I'm going to be in Bloomington, which was my first choice :D.

I got Indy. I think they gave it to me because of financial reasons.

I got my fifth choice as well, Evansville. I had heard almost everyone got one of their Top 3, what is the deal? Over the phone I was told about some way you can appeal and try to get somewhere else, can anyone who has already got the letter explain that?

I got my fifth choice as well, Evansville. I had heard almost everyone got one of their Top 3, what is the deal? Over the phone I was told about some way you can appeal and try to get somewhere else, can anyone who has already got the letter explain that?

my letter doesn't mention anything about appealing the decision. i would call and be very persistent about finding out the details. good luck with your appeal.

I think I win....7th choice!! Terre Haute!

I got my first choice, Muncie!! Anyone else going here?

I think I win....7th choice!! Terre Haute!

That is horrendous, I find it hard to believe your top 6 were all completely full.

Has everyone received the actual letter? I haven't and they claimed on the phone it was mailed last week. Not that it really matters, just curious.

Seems to be the battle of extremes...

Some are getting 1st choice while others get 7th choice!

I'm still holding my breath and waiting...the suspense is driving me INSANE :(:(:(

So out of curiosity, when did everyone send in their campus preference forms? I'm interested to see if this really was a first come, first served kind of thing. Also, did you write a little blurb about why you wanted the campuses you put first on your list?

I was placed in Bloomington, my first choice, and I sent the form back right away, maybe two days after I got it. I also wrote about a paragraph each for why I wanted to be in Bloomington or Indianapolis (#2).

So out of curiosity, when did everyone send in their campus preference forms? I'm interested to see if this really was a first come, first served kind of thing. Also, did you write a little blurb about why you wanted the campuses you put first on your list?

I was placed in Bloomington, my first choice, and I sent the form back right away, maybe two days after I got it. I also wrote about a paragraph each for why I wanted to be in Bloomington or Indianapolis (#2).

I sent my form back within 7 or 8 days and wrote a few sentences about why I chose South Bend.

I also sent my form back within 4-5 days and wrote an essay on why I wanted Indy/Bloomington. I really don't understand their system...has anyone found out information on how to appeal?

I've heard you have to write a letter to Mr. Stump, but I would call the admissions office first to make sure this is the correct person you should write.

I returned my response within 2 days and wrote a half page paragraph about my reasons for wanting my first choice (indy).

I got my letter in the mail today.

You have no idea how low my heart sunk when I saw that I had not got my 1st choice (Indy) by far. I got my 5th choice (Terre Haute).

I sent an appeal letter back so fast it'll make their heads spin...but I don't know what else I can do...

What kind of system do they have going down there!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm really sorry for you guys that didn't get what you want (by a long shot!). :( Good luck with the appeal process!! :luck:

I got my letter in the mail today.

You have no idea how low my heart sunk when I saw that I had not got my 1st choice (Indy) by far. I got my 5th choice (Terre Haute).

I sent an appeal letter back so fast it'll make their heads spin...but I don't know what else I can do...

What kind of system do they have going down there!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

hahaha...apparently everyone who didnt get their top pick got sent to Terre Haute with me! I've decided not to worry about the whole appeal thing though....it was a lottery...and I lost...it happens! Indiana States campus doesn't look that bad... Anyways to anyone who is going to Terre Haute do you know any place where people post if they need a roommate?...alternatively...if any of u want a roommate give me a message

I've decided not to worry about the whole appeal thing though....it was a lottery...and I lost...it happens!

Me too. If my reasons weren't good enough for them the first time they probably won't be good enough on an appeal unless I lied, which I don't want to do. After further consideration going somewhere where I do not know anybody may be a good experience. Evansville here I come!

I wonder if I led you guys astray saying it's "first-come, first served;" after all, that's what everybody always told me.

Actually, I bet they assign campuses similarly to how they assigned our 3rd year rotation orders - using a computer program to maximize the outcome of rankings for everyone, leaving out the people who had a compelling reason for a certain preference.

Any way, I'm sure it will all work out wherever you guys were assigned, even if you don't think it's the most ideal situation for you right now. Come third year, no one can tell which campus you came from - the education is equal across the campuses.

It's hard to believe that all the spots are full at some of the satellite campuses. My undergrad roomate got is from Indianapolis (literally lives 10 minutes from IUPUI), got accepted in January, sent his campus preference in within a coulpe of days, and still only got his 5th choice (Muncie). He's going to meet with the dean today, I believe. It seems like IU routinely makes things more difficult than they have to be. Anyways, good luck to all at your respective campuses.

I think the computer theory definately makes the most sense...but i still prefer to imagine it as 5 older guys who look like the KFC colonel stroking their beards and laughing when they send people to their low choices!...just a theory

...but i still prefer to imagine it as 5 older guys who look like the KFC colonel stroking their beards and laughing when they send people to their low choices!...just a theory

That's probably it. Really, they probably don't even look at your explanation for your ranking until you call in protest and just hope that people go along with the computer selection. I wonder if anybody gets their last choice... I had pretty much decided not to go to IU before I got my fifth choice, so for me it just affirmed my decision. I hope somebody on the OOS waitlist wants to go to Terre Haute!

Pguin, your avatar picture is hilarious...I almost fell off my chair laughing the first time I saw it.

Hey guys!
I got my 1st choice Indy, although I sent in my campus preference a little late! It may be bcos I'm an international student (Canadian)..but I'm thankful!

Any other international students out there? I know, there's prolly like 2 of us:rolleyes:

Other than that, I'm excited!!! For all the in-states, hows Indiana?? and anyone decided on their housing in Indy yet??

good luck to all still waiting :)

If any of you assigned to Indy or Muncie are unfamiliar with the areas and want advice on housing, send me a PM.

I don't think the speed of returning the preference form had much to do with it. I was told to send it in quickly and did so a day or two after receiving it, but when you think about it why would it matter if they don't do assignments until May? I do like the mental image of an adcom made up of five KFC colonels though!

I do like the mental image of an adcom made up of five KFC colonels though!

Something like this perhaps?

LookLike4.jpg

Edit: Hm..that didn't quite work out the way I wanted, but at least you can see it somehow!

Attachments

• LookLike4.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 160
I'm pretty sure you got that picture directly from the IU website.