Indiana University Interview Question - Please Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unitedgoal

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an interview letter from Indiana University. I am quite surprised because I am an out of stater. But anyways, I was wondering if anyone has already interviewed at Indiana and if they could please give some advice about the interview and maybe tell me about their experience, because I am really nervous right now. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Be sure to check the interview feedback feature on this site! :) You can look up the school that way.

i'm an out of stater as well and just received an interview invite from IU before I even sent in my secondary stuff. very exciting! good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you guys who have received interviews from Indiana University tell me your creds? I'm just curious b/c I'm an out of stater who have family there and would like to go back for school there, but they rejected me pre-secondary and I am thinking about writing them a letter stating my wishes to go to school there....I've heard that sometimes work, but I dont want to do that if my grades are too far off.

Thanks! :)

unitedgoal said:
I just got an interview letter from Indiana University. I am quite surprised because I am an out of stater. But anyways, I was wondering if anyone has already interviewed at Indiana and if they could please give some advice about the interview and maybe tell me about their experience, because I am really nervous right now. Thank you!

Just lets u guys know that IU only accepts about 5 or 6 out of staters. They interview a lot of out of stater but perfer in stater since it is the only med. school in Indiana.

But best of luck to all who got interview there. :)

joeyzipp said:
Just lets u guys know that IU only accepts about 5 or 6 out of staters. They interview a lot of out of stater but perfer in stater since it is the only med. school in Indiana.

But best of luck to all who got interview there. :)

i thought it was more in the 25-30 range of matriculants, which probably means around 40-45 acceptances.

UnitedGoal,

How did you get an interview from IU being an out of stater?

You must be a genius, what are your credentials? 3.8/37T?

unitedgoal said:

I just started my first year at IU....

Do NOT worry about the interview. I had two guys interviewing me and we just BSed for 30-40 minutes. I think the only "real" question was, "Why medicine?". Seriously, do NOT fret over this one. I haven't really heard of anyone getting any hard questions. Most people I talked to about it had experiences just like mine. It is very laid back and friendly.

Good luck.

--now that I think about it, you will most certainly need a good explanation about why you like Indiana as a non-resident...but I bet you already knew that one was going to come up.

congrats to all of you out of staters with interview invites! i was having trouble finding out if IU has a student host program, as I'll be interviewing there in early september. plz let me know what hotels u recommend if there's no host program.

I am an international student but went to college here in the states and just got invited to IU med school for interview. I am however worried about my statistics. My CGPA is 3.72 and 3.66 science. My mcat is horrible 24N. But i did a clinical research with IU med school and have been a Resident Assistant for two years. Have also been a lab assistant, and peer tutor for 3 years at college. I shadowed more than 5 physicians. IU also asked for a copy of my visa. So i am wondering What my chances are?
I am nervous. Any suggestions/Help?

I just had my interview last week and am an OOS with strong ties. They said they get 650 in-state applicants and interview close to all of them. They interview a total of 1000, so that leaves 400-500 for OOS. There were a lot of OOS at my interview maybe as many as 40-50. They definitely asked me about IU, my desire to be in Indiana, etc. But my family is all still here, so I have pretty good reasons. Also, they said they consider IS, IS-ties, and OOS in separate pools. Not sure what that means exactly.