Indiana University interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lindell12a

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my interview coming up (I know it's late...) and I was just wondering what it was like for those of you that already interviewed. I've heard mixed things -- some say they were interviewed by two doctors, some say it was just one interviewer...

Any tips? Suggestions? Especially those that were recently accepted :)

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

almost always its one student and one doctor. Use the interview feedback on sdn, but be prepared for questions on high school, define professionalism, iu compentency based cirriculum, and ethics. Overall it was a very laid back interview and you have nothing to worry about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok cool, thanks! I'm looking forward to it. Do you know if the interviewers had already looked at your application (MCAT, GPA...etc..)? I read in another thread that the interviewers were not supposed to look at your file before interviewing you...just wondering :)

It is definitely open file, but for some reason they still ask you to list your activities during high school and college as if they did not have access to them. My interviewer flipped through the mcat, and coursework section of my amcas during the interview to clear up some things.

My IUSM interview was very pleasant. I was interviewed by two doctors at the same time, and they were both really, really nice and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me/my motivations for medicine. Unlike a lot of other people, I did not get any ethical questions and I was only asked about high school to the extent that it relates to activities I pursued in college. I was asked pretty specific questions about certain activities, why IU, where do I see myself in the future...but I was not asked about anything that did not pertain directly to my application. I was also asked to clarify something about grades and timeline of my MCAT. Though there was a lot of waiting time, I actually did not mind because it gave me a chance to chat with other applicants and get a better feel for the school, and I liked it more than I initially thought I would. The only real negative was the tour. My tour guide was incredibly unprofessional and all I could think was, wow, I really hope this guy learns some professionalism before his clinical years...

I have my interview coming up (I know it's late...) and I was just wondering what it was like for those of you that already interviewed. I've heard mixed things -- some say they were interviewed by two doctors, some say it was just one interviewer...

Any tips? Suggestions? Especially those that were recently accepted :)

Thanks in advance!
Good luck on your interview. I'm still waiting for my interview invite. I sent in their supplementary materials 2-3 wks ago.

I hear they ask about your SAT score. Honestly, I barely remember my score...are they going to look this up and grill you about being a few points off? Do they actually have access to high school things? Hmm...

I hear they ask about your SAT score. Honestly, I barely remember my score...are they going to look this up and grill you about being a few points off? Do they actually have access to high school things? Hmm...
Well, if they do ask about SAT scores, then I've a better chance 'cos I did way better on that, than on my MCAT.