Indiana University of Pennsylvania- PsyD in Clinical psy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluehorse

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I have applied to the Indiana University of Pennsylvania to the PsyD program in Clinical psychology for Fall 2021. I would like to connect with alumni or current students from IUP. Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed a couple years ago and was accepted, but did not go. I believe they were one of the programs that was fairly quick on getting back to people about interviews.

It seemed like a good program, but if you want to do Neuro they indicated it would take longer to graduate to be get the hours needed to be competitive for internship.

You have to commute to Pittsburgh for your practicum which is a long commute (90minutes) which was a huge negative for me. And the program was rather expensive, didn't offer any significant amount of assistantships or help.

Students seemed nice and helpful.

Hope that helps somewhat!

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Feel free to message me. I am currently on internship in my fifth year. We've had several people complete neuro internships and graduate in five years.
Tuition wise, there is a difference between in state and out of state tuition so it can be rather cheap if you apply as a PA resident. It is still lower in cost for out of state residents than other psyd programs with comparable outcomes (i.e. standford pgso, university of denver etc).

You can commute to pittsburgh for practicums, however, you do not have to.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed a couple years ago and was accepted, but did not go. I believe they were one of the programs that was fairly quick on getting back to people about interviews.

It seemed like a good program, but if you want to do Neuro they indicated it would take longer to graduate to be get the hours needed to be competitive for internship.

You have to commute to Pittsburgh for your practicum which is a long commute (90minutes) which was a huge negative for me. And the program was rather expensive, didn't offer any significant amount of assistantships or help.

Students seemed nice and helpful.

Hope that helps somewhat!
Yes, thank you!

Hello!
I have applied to the Indiana University of Pennsylvania to the PsyD program in Clinical psychology for Fall 2021. I would like to connect with alumni or current students from IUP. Thank you! :)
Hi Blue horse, I was curious if you ended up accepting an offer from IUP & if so, how you’re enjoying the program? I went to undergrad there and am in the process of starting my application for Fall 2022. Thanks!