Indiana University-Purdue University Master of Science in Medical Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

graduate2be

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently completed the pre-application for the IUPUI MSMS (Different program than the IUPUI Non-thesis MS in Biology) and was invited to apply and interview (12/3) for the program by Dr. Baiyee. Does anyone have any info (beyond what's on the IUPUI MSMS website) regarding the type of student that is admitted and where their graduates go on to medical school? What is the interview process like? Is there anyone applying to the program now?

Members don't see this ad.

I recently completed the pre-application for the IUPUI MSMS (Different program than the IUPUI Non-thesis MS in Biology) and was invited to apply and interview (12/3) for the program by Dr. Baiyee. Does anyone have any info (beyond what's on the IUPUI MSMS website) regarding the type of student that is admitted and where their graduates go on to medical school? What is the interview process like? Is there anyone applying to the program now?
Did you ever get any information about this program? I am in the same boat now.

Is there a reason you chose the MSMS rather than the pre-prof nonthesis one

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone ever comes back to this post...I did a year in the MSMS program and now I am a medical student! Message me with any questions if you would like. Good luck!

I know this is a late reply, but how closely did the coursework match what you did in medical school?

The coursework matched the first year of Indiana's medical school very closely! I was a little bored since I already had the classes in MSMS.

The coursework matched the first year of Indiana's medical school very closely! I was a little bored since I already had the classes in MSMS.
Hi JNBurk,

I was just invited to fill out the official app to the MSMS program. Could you tell me how the advising was at IU? What about the culture there? Competitive? I'm assuming you were a disadvantaged student? How do you feel this program complemented your status as a med student? Where are you for med school? What was your fav part about the program? Do you have any tips to provide me with regarding the personal statement for the official app? Does being invited to fill out the app necessarily mean they are interested in you or is it more of a "you qualify for the program" invite?

Thanks!

If anyone ever comes back to this post...I did a year in the MSMS program and now I am a medical student! Message me with any questions if you would like. Good luck!

Hi, My husband and I were invited for the interview for post bacc. Do you know if people who get interview get accepted? Do you also have some tips for the interview?

Hi everyone,
I am interviewing for the MSMS program next week and cannot find any information sabout it online. Would anyone be willing to describe their interview experience and answer some questions? How many people from the interviews get accepted? Is there a direct linkage to IU medical school, etc.

Thank you!!

@JNBurk I was wondering if I could message you with some questions regarding the program.