Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turnster

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at IU back in October and haven't heard anything since. Has anyone heard anything or know of someone who has (ie. acceptance, wailist, denied)? I know that they send acceptance letters out around the 15th of each month.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in mid-October and received my letter exactly a month later. When I was there this summer, they said that they basically make a ranked list of (GPA + MCAT + Interview score) and then evaluate those that had the highest total score first. I think they meet around the 10th of every month and then mail letters on the 15th. I've heard (not from a reputable source though) that if you call and ask about your file enough that you have a higher chance of getting in.

I also interviewed with IU back in Oct. I felt my interview went poorly, and I didn't like the school, so I'm not concerned about their decision..but I haven't received any correspondence since then either. I fully expect a rejection however. I did receive and email from them after I asked what my status was, all they said that was my file was under review.

Mossjoh

I interviewed mid-November and heard back before Christmas. However, when I went on the interview some of the current medical students said that they interviewed in Dec or January and didn't get accepted until April, so don't give up hope yet. It seems that they continually review the applications and may offer acceptances well after you have interviewed.