Indianapolis apartments -Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Svetlana117

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking for 2 bedroom apartments in Indianapolis near Indiana University.

If anyone knows the names of good decent and safe apartments, Please help me by posating the names and comments here.

I am looking at the EAGLE CREEK area and BROAD RIPPLE area.

Thank you.
Lana

Members don't see this ad.

Try AMLI at Eagle Creek. They are very nice apartments right across from Eagle Creek Park. It takes about 15 minutes to get to the campus. I know they have a website but I am not sure of the address...you could do a yahoo search for AMLI and find it!

Broad Ripple has dozens of HOMES for rent...but for apartments see MONON TRAIL Apts on Kessler Blvd.

If you want to live within walking distance of the main campus, you'll have to pay extra ($800/month or more). Here are some choices:
Gardens of Canal Court: overpriced, but nice apartments
Canal Square: ditto
Canal Overlook: ditto
Lockefield Gardens: make sure you insist on a new apartment (the old ones are trash). Overpriced. Some debate as to the safety of the surrounding grounds, but these are the closest ones (on campus, across the street from Wishard and Indiana University Hospital)

If you're willing to drive 15 minutes, the south side and west side offer apartments in the $450-$700 range (for one to two bedroom, respectively). I spent four years in Wildwood Village apartments, and found them to be adequate.

Broad ripple is another popular choice. A few more minutes commute than the west side (it's to the north), it's where the college kids hang out on weekends. Lots of bars and such.

Hope you enjoy Indy, I have.

Welcome to Indianapolis...

I've lived in both Broad Ripple (during med school) and now by Eagle Creek Park (during residency). There are tons of apartments in both areas and are generally where the most young professionals live. As above, AMLI by Eagle Creek is a good location. You are just across the road from the south entrance to the park.

There are a lot of places in Broad Ripple; but you would really have to drive around and check them out....one concern is availability; the other is a lot of places advertise as being in Broad Ripple area but are in fact several blocks south or east in bad neighborhoods.

FYI; I've enjoyed living in both places. I miss being in Broad Ripple; you could just walk-out your door and hit tons of restaurants (of various ethnicities) and jogging trails. However, I have really liked Eagle Creek; there is a lot of hiking you can do there; also jogging, canoeing, ice skating, etc. It is much, much cheaper than Broad Ripple and the commute to the med center is about half the time it takes from Broad Ripple.