indicate if lab included? & strength of application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

never giveup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I had a question about the course work section. Some of my classes have labs included in the class but don't mention that on the transcript. For example, my human anatomy class is 4 credits but it does not indicate the lab I did in the title. Shoul I add in parenthesis that the lab was included, because I know some schools require specific labs.
Also, I was curious how my stats looked. I have a science GPA of 3.35 and an overall GPA of 3.5. My DAT scores are
AA: 19
TS:20
PA:18
RC:18
RC:16
BIO:19
OC:22
GC: 20
I have over 150 hours of community service, 30 hours of shadowing multiple dentists, and worked at a dental office.
I hoped that by applying early it would offset my mediocre scores... what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
I had a question about the course work section. Some of my classes have labs included in the class but don't mention that on the transcript. For example, my human anatomy class is 4 credits but it does not indicate the lab I did in the title. Shoul I add in parenthesis that the lab was included, because I know some schools require specific labs.
Also, I was curious how my stats looked. I have a science GPA of 3.35 and an overall GPA of 3.5. My DAT scores are
AA: 19
TS:20
PA:18
RC:18
RC:16
BIO:19
OC:22
GC: 20
I have over 150 hours of community service, 30 hours of shadowing multiple dentists, and worked at a dental office.
I hoped that by applying early it would offset my mediocre scores... what do you think?

Fill in your course work exactly like it's mentioned in your transcripts. Otherwise, when AADSAS tries to match your entered course work with your mailed transcripts they'll find discrepancies, and they will report them to your designated schools.

I had the same problem with many of my science classes. As stated in the post above, write the courses exactly as they are on your transcript (even the capitalization should be the same). This makes it easier and quicker for AADSAS to cross check. Schools know that labs are not always a separate course so during and/or after my interviews this question was addressed. The schools just asked me to email them the course description to prove that there was a lab included. For instance, I used an "exercise physiology" lab as one of my upper level bio labs. Hope this helps. Good luck with the cycle!