Indicated DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalstu02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I indicated on my application that I was going to retake the DATs, but after talking to some schools i have decided that i dont need to. Should I call schools and tell them that i am not going to take it, or can i tell them at the interview (i have them nov.4th and 5th)Would it look really bad if i told them that when i go to interview? Anyone in this situation..?

Members don't see this ad.

If a school wants you to retake the DAT you could just tell them that you will retake it. If one of the other schools you interviewed with (those that are OK with your scores) accepts you in December then you don't have to worry about retaking it. You could then call a school that wanted you to retake the DAT and tell them you were accepted somewhere else and ask them to make a decision based on your current scores. If you don't get into any of the schools this December then you might want to consider retaking it. I guess one risk to doing this is that most of the spots will start filling up this December and if you don't get in by then you might be a little pressed for time to retake the test and be reevaluated by the committees. Might want to keep up on the DAT material a bit just in case you are forced into retaking it. Just my opinion.

Take care.
EcoRI

Any other opinions?.....someone....anyone?