Indivudial subject NBME Exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naveenanirada

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Indivudial subject NBME Exams,do they exits?
Can people take nBME assessment exams for indivudial subjects like
Gross Anantomy and Embryo
Histology and cell biology
Physio
Path
Biochem

And if they do, are they expensive?

Members don't see this ad.

Thought , I would give another try and ask the forum if some one knows about indivudial test assessments............they make more sense then sitting for the WHOLE exam.............somehow the NBME site completely confused me!

They exist, but usually it is up to the individual medical schools whether they use these. If they do offer them it is usually as a final exam in each of these classes. I don't know if they are available to individual medical students though. I know that they offer to individual medical students comprehensive exams testing all the basic science subjects.

When I looked into this, my school told me they'd have to taken through the school, and cost about $40+ each.

I was told that they are not given from the NBME to individual students, and you cannot keep or copy the exam or any of the answers.

Call or e-mail the NBME for the whole story, though.

naveenanirada said:
Indivudial subject NBME Exams,do they exits?
Can people take nBME assessment exams for indivudial subjects like
Gross Anantomy and Embryo
Histology and cell biology
Physio
Path
Biochem

And if they do, are they expensive?

Yes, they do exist and as other people have said your medical school has to get them. Individual students cannot obtain these exams. My first year we took anatomy(included embriology), Microbiology(included Immunology), neuroscience and Biochemistry(that was a beast). I'm a second year and next semester we'll be taking 6 of them..........they are hard but I don't know how similar to STEP 1 they are. The reason why some schools don't give this test is because they cost quite a bit of money. anyway, I hope this answers your question.