Infectious Disease books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesTank

Zombie
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good book to complement lecture material? I am finding already on the second day that there are mountains of information, and that I am definitely going to need help to keep it all organized.

Thanks a ton

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone recommend a good book to complement lecture material? I am finding already on the second day that there are mountains of information, and that I am definitely going to need help to keep it all organized.

Thanks a ton

Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple is my go-to

Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple is my go-to

Thats what I heard, but when I looked online it looks like it is a bunch of cartoons and stuff. Does it have actual substance? Or is it just mnemonics to learn once you have already gone through everything elsewhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats what I heard, but when I looked online it looks like it is a bunch of cartoons and stuff. Does it have actual substance? Or is it just mnemonics to learn once you have already gone through everything elsewhere?
It has substance, the cartoons are just good reinforcement. It's well written, there's not a lot of filler so it's pretty high yield.

Amazon has an excerpt if you want to take a look.

You'll love those cartoons when step 1 comes around.

It has substance, the cartoons are just good reinforcement. It's well written, there's not a lot of filler so it's pretty high yield.

Amazon has an excerpt if you want to take a look.

It's good. Those cartoons are great-- it's one of the ways I can remember staph and rheumatic fever. I haven't heard of anyone in my class who didn't like it.