Infectious disease doctors are wildly underpaid. Change my mind.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Espressso

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand with the current pay structure, reimbursements for ID docs are low as hell. One of the least paid IM subspecialities. But man, seeing this COVID unfolding, ID docs deserve more.

Members don't see this ad.

I understand with the current pay structure, reimbursements for ID docs are low as hell. One of the least paid IM subspecialities. But man, seeing this COVID unfolding, ID docs deserve more.
"deserve" is a meaningless term. What people are willing to pay is what any of us deserve

Separately from that, I've met some great ID docs. Crazy smart, very helpful, and they offer a great service to patients

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
"deserve" is a meaningless term. What people are willing to pay is what any of us deserve

Airline exec makes $7 million bonus package, invests 97% of profits in stock buybacks, panics during unforeseen event/pandemic, demands taxpayer bailout, proceeds to outsource maintenance crews, pushes for consolidation and other cost-cutting measures for short term profit over long term company health and continues said practice. They aren't worth taxpayers footing their bill.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
Airline exec makes $7 million bonus package, invests 97% of profits in stock buybacks, panics during unforeseen event/pandemic, demands taxpayer bailout, proceeds to outsource maintenance crews, pushes for consolidation and other cost-cutting measures for short term profit over long term company health and continues said practice. They aren't worth taxpayers footing their bill.
You’ve never seen me advocate for govt bailouts of airlines