• Forums Updates - Thursday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Thursday starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.

Infectious Disease Fellowship Application 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why is the room so quiet? Is everyone out interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got off the phone with the University of Miami's ID program coordinator who said that they had sent out all of their interview invitations.

I have tried to get updates from the following places:

University of South Florida- left messages and e-mails, but no response
Medical College of Georgia- Still reviewing applications
Rush University- Still reviewing
MGH-Still Reviewing, letters should be sent out "shortly"
Tufts-Still Reviewing
Virginia Commonwealth-Still reviewing

If anyone has heard anything different, please let us know.

That's really helpful information, DrMano.

So far most of my attempts to contact programs have not been particularly fruitful, but there are not many left among my top choices that I haven't heard one way or another. I do know that UCLA is still reviewing. UCSF seems to be done.

Members don't see this ad :)
Found out today that Emory has sent out the last of its invitations. Still waiting to hear from the rest though.

Is it safe to say then that we should not expect anymore interviews for the season? I have seven so far and I am wondering how many you need to have to comfortably match...

Are most people finished interviewing?

Still have 4 more to go. Last one on 5/19.

Hi everyone! I interviewed at university of Maryland and thought they were really nice. Unscheduled interview date so didn't get to meet a fellow. Their website doesn't work either but got nice feeling from the faculty there. Interviewed at Baylor, UT, Nyu too. Anyone have an opinion on u maryland?? Help!

Interviews are finally over....Now comes the difficult part, making the ROL. Can I really trust the PDs when they say that they will rank me high?

I may be a bit cynical, but I feel that what it boils down to is what you want. Do you feel that the program you rank first will fulfill your needs?

PDs, like us for the most part, do not want to scramble. I'm sure that they don't intentionally lie, they are just very general and vague.

Not sure this helps....:)

Interviews are finally over....Now comes the difficult part, making the ROL. Can I really trust the PDs when they say that they will rank me high?

I may be a bit cynical, but I feel that what it boils down to is what you want. Do you feel that the program you rank first will fulfill your needs?

PDs, like us for the most part, do not want to scramble. I'm sure that they don't intentionally lie, they are just very general and vague.

Not sure this helps....:)

It actually helped and I was just pre-matched to a program. Got the call today. Now I don't have to worry about the match next month.. All the best guys...:luck:

That's great news! I am IMG too still hoping to match. Was it to a program you were planning on ranking highly? Are other people getting pre match offers?

You were pre-matched? Was the program not participating in the match?

If not, I would be careful about posting any details as that could be a match violation.

You were pre-matched? Was the program not participating in the match?

If not, I would be careful about posting any details as that could be a match violation.

No worries, this program does not participate in the match and they only take 1 fellow each year so they can afford to choose who they want. I had to go through a 45min phone interview before I was even offered a formal interview.

No worries, this program does not participate in the match and they only take 1 fellow each year so they can afford to choose who they want. I had to go through a 45min phone interview before I was even offered a formal interview.

Congratulations!!!!!