Inflating AMCAS GPA with Dual enrollment credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masnerj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before I say anything, I looked through most of the past threads and conversations about dual enrollment but most of them were about situations where people struggled and had poor DE grades from high school affecting their AMCAS GPA.

What about a scenario (mine) where someone has a ton of DE credits from high school (50+ because my school didn't have APs, many of which are BCPM) and has done well in all of them (almost all As). That will clearly inflate the AMCAS cGPA and sGPA (had a bad freshmen year in college followed by a strong upward trend). How do med schools and adcoms interpret such a situation? Do they "throw out" the DE performance due to it being at a CC, in HS, and because of the poor freshmen year grades at the university level? Or does it help my application in some form? And what role does it play in the "grade trend" that adcoms look for?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Don't know about all the other stuff, but every college class counts.
Doesn't matter if you were 14 when you took it...
So factor it all to calculate your gpa

I know that I have to include it (and there are serious penalties down the road for failing to include such information) and that it will be part of my AMCAS GPA. However, I was wondering what an adcom would see in that AMCAS GPA and such a breakdown.

Last edited: