Info about European Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItalianPrincess

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if dental schools in Europe are reputable at all? I was thinking if I don't get in anywhere in the United States to apply to schools in Italy and Spain.

I was looking online for information on the schools and i found a link with a list http://web.cc.uoa.gr/eapd/Post Grad Progs/Europe Dental Schools - school data.htm but no url or anything for the individual schools.

Would anyone know anything about these schools, obviously i'd have to take a test of some kind to practice in the US but i'm curious if this is even worth it

Members don't see this ad.

You'd have to apply to an advanced standing program in the US for foreign trained dentists, get in, and then go to two more years of dental school in the US.
For me that wasn't worth it, for you maybe it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you speak italian I would not suggest going to Italy lol. I just got back from Italy and it was hell for me even trying to get around that country-- seems like Italians are not too fond of American tourists.

haha both my parents are from Italy and my grandparents dont speak English...i learned Italian and English at the same time so i think I'm good :)

thanks for the warning tho and sorry you had a hard time getting around, i hope you had fun anyway!

haha both my parents are from Italy and my grandparents dont speak English...i learned Italian and English at the same time so i think I'm good :)

thanks for the warning tho and sorry you had a hard time getting around, i hope you had fun anyway!

Yes it was a blast. Florence was my favorite, rome was chaos, and venice was hell, and the hike along the 4 or 5 villages was awesome!

Unless you speak italian I would not suggest going to Italy lol. I just got back from Italy and it was hell for me even trying to get around that country-- seems like Italians are not too fond of American tourists.

People not like Americans? No way!!! They all hate us until they need something.

PS: My grandparents moved here from Spain and when i went there they all hated me for no apparent reason.