Info about Inn at Penn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barbara

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

is any of you staying longterm at Inn at Penn, or have you had in the past? If yes, please post the daily rate.

Actually, I got a better rate at Sheraton, but a friend of mine who lives and studies at Penn told me that a girl got raped at Sheraton about 3 months ago, the management changed, the law suit took place, and now demonstrations take place in front of the hotel within the last 3 months. The Union advocates use speakers and have the right to do so from early morning till 8 pm. Please tell me how credible is that.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

it's not as classy as the divine tracy ;)
sorry... could not resist.
i don't know anything about the inn at penn.

Everything you heard is true but needs more explaining. The Sheraton is fine. It is not bad around here. I live directly across from it. The girl who got raped was a Penn grad student from overseas. The Sheraton reserves a floor for Penn's grad students. This guy got in somehow and raped her. Keep in mind that this girl is not used to living in a contemporary American city and did not speak native english. She may not have taken the right percautions for someone living in a contemporary American urban setting- that's all I'm going to say. It was not her fault that she got raped, but I don't want you to think that this city is full of rapists everywhere.

As far as the protestors- it is also true that they are there almost every day (what seems to be all day but it's not) and they are loud. They have nothing to do with the hotel. They are protesting the Top Dog bar restaurant at the base of the hotel. Some kind of union thing and health violations. It bothers the hell out of me when i am trying to nap or study, but you get used to it- you are in the city. If you don't mind this noise too heavily, the sheraton should be fine for you. There is also the Penn Tower Hotel, which may be expensive- I'm not sure, but is closer to where you will be going. Also there's the Divine Tracy across from the sheraton.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just call a student and stay with them!

Have you looked into the International House in Philly? They do short long-term rentals (2-7 months). Overnight stays were $60 I think, with shared bath.