Info about UMich interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

kafshar

I was wondering what the interview was like. How many interviews? With whom? Open-file or closed-file?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey...at umich, there are three half-hour interviews (back-to-back), typically one with a med student. When I interviewed, though, I had two MDs and a Ph.D. They are theoretically open-file, though one of my interviewers hadn't had a chance to really read mine before the interview. Everyone was really friendly, though...don't stress, and good luck!

Check out <a href="http://www.interviewfeedback.com;" target="_blank">www.interviewfeedback.com;</a> it's a great resource. -Joshua

I had two second year med students and an MD. They were all very nice. Though it is supposed to be open file, two of my interviewers (the students) were missing my primary application in their folder, so I had to fill them in on a lot about myself. I really appreciated that they were all back to back, so you don't have time to stress throughout the day about your next interviews.