redwings54

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I am hoping to be applying this summer for DO schools and UNECOM is a top choice. If you could tell me about the coursework, residency matches, board scores, and overall feeling you get from UNECOM, I will be in your debt. Also, how does UNECOM fair as far as peds residencies go? Any help will be appreciated and if I come visit, I live in NH, I'll buy you a beer. Thanks

docbill

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2004
Status
Medical Student
redwings54 said:
I am hoping to be applying this summer for DO schools and UNECOM is a top choice. If you could tell me about the coursework, residency matches, board scores, and overall feeling you get from UNECOM, I will be in your debt. Also, how does UNECOM fair as far as peds residencies go? Any help will be appreciated and if I come visit, I live in NH, I'll buy you a beer. Thanks

check out the Une.edu Medical school website.
They have most of this info online.

Or some of these questions where answered in the class of 2009 thread.

Good luck
UNE ROCKS

MasterShakeDO

The Drizzle
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Southern Cal
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My advice is to definitely apply early cause they fill up their class quick!

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2000
www.pcom.edu
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Peds residencies are not terribly competitive. You should be able to match as long as you do well in school. UNECOM is a great school with a great OMM education.

UNEOSTEO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2002
Queens, NY
Visit site
Status
Peds is not competitive, so don't worry about getting a peds residency. I'm a 4th yr @ UNE and I feel I was very well prepared for clinicals, boards, and was up to par with MD and other DO students I rotated with during my 4th year.

To see where students ended up for the past 4 yrs, check out the following site: http://www.une.edu/com/clinical/postgrad.html