SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Info for Posting Research Participation Requests

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by AcronymAllergy, Jan 4, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcronymAllergy

AcronymAllergy Neuropsychologist SDN Moderator 7+ Year Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Psychologist
    Please note that all IRB-approved research participation requests are now to be posted in the IRB Approved Research Surveys section, which is a subforum of the Free Classifieds area.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. AcronymAllergy

AcronymAllergy Neuropsychologist SDN Moderator 7+ Year Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Psychologist
    Posted for member ACM4:

Dear Colleagues,

I am a 4th year Psy.D student currently recruiting participants for my doctoral project. I am exploring dispositional empathy in doctoral psychology students. I am looking for participants who:

1. Are enrolled full time in a clinical psychology doctoral program or counseling psychology doctoral program (Psy.D or Ph.D)
    2. Are currently completing an internship/field placement/practicum as part of their program.

If you meet the above criteria, please consider taking my survey at https://mspp.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6L28zlTq9VEO0tf

Completing the survey should take 15 minutes or less, and once you have participated you may enter a raffle to win one of two $50 gift cards to Target.

This study has attained IRB approval, and has been approved for posting on this forum.

Thank you,

Amelia

4. SRSpsych

SRSpsych

Nov 26, 2012
    CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE ---AND---WIN AMAZON GIFT CARD!!!
    • Please help us paint an accurate picture of the 2013-2014 APPIC applicant pool
    • Fellow applicant part of research tem :) Your support and participation are much appreciated!!!
    • Research announcement has IRB approval as well as approval from SDN administrators for posting
    You are being invited to voluntarily participate in a research study investigating the qualifications of applicants applying for APPIC or APA accredited internships focused on the provision of services to children and/or adolescents. Students meeting these criteria are eligible to participate.

INSTRUCTIONS BELOW...THANK YOU!!!!!!!

If you agree to participate, you will be asked to complete a survey about the internship programs you already have or are planning to apply for and about your various pre-internship experiences. You will also be asked to upload a pdf copy of your basic APPIC application onto the survey website or by emailing the primary investigator, Emery Mahoney, Ph.D. ([email protected]). Your participation in this research is expected to take 10-15 minutes. You may choose not to answer some or all of the questions. In addition, the AAPI lists identifying information. You may choose to provide a scanned de-identified copy of the basic application which would require you to black out any identifying information, scanning the document and uploading it on the survey site linked below or emailing it to the primary investigator. You may also choose to leave this information in. This information will not be distributed or used in any way except for purposes associated with this research project. Identifying information will not be used in any way for this research. We would like to extract the following information from your application:
    · professional certifications, publications, presentations, history of disciplinary action in program, history of legal action, academic program (clinical, counseling, school) and degree type working on (Psy. D./Ph.D./Ed.D), GPA, program accreditation status, training model used (scientist practitioner/scholar practitioner/other), dissertation research type (collecting own data/using established data set), date of completion of coursework, date of completion of comprehensive exam, date of completion of master’s thesis (if applicable), status of dissertation, number of practical hours (including assessment, intervention, supervision and support) and broken down by population, setting, modalities (individual, family therapy etc.) and tests given, anticipated number of hours to be accrued after application submitted and internship start date, previous supervisors’ credentials (allied professional or licensed psychologist), and primary theoretical orientation (psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, etc.)

Participants who provide their basic application will also be contacted in March for a follow-up survey about their match results. This follow-up survey is estimated to take approximately 5 minutes. Any questions you have about this research can be answered by contacting Emery Mahoney, Ph.D. ([email protected]); you may withdraw from the study by choosing not to complete the survey while in progress or within 3 weeks of survey completion if identifying information is provided, by contacting Emery Mahoney, Ph.D. While many precautions are taken to protect the privacy of information, those students who upload their application with identifying information on it risk confidentiality being breached and their identifying information and information from their AAPI being revealed. This could impact the ability to gain employment and potential consequences to the individual’s reputation could occur. If such a breach occurs, you will be contacted if contact information is listed.

Those individuals who follow the survey link and either agree or disagree with the terms of the subject disclosure form and provide a name and email address will be entered into a drawing to win one of ten $5 Amazon gift cards. No other direct benefits from your participation are expected. There is no cost to you except for your time. The survey is expected to take 15 minutes or less. Only the principal investigator and co-investigators will have access to the information that you provide.

You can obtain further information from the primary investigator, Emery Mahoney, Ph.D. If you have questions concerning your rights as a research subject, you may call the University of Arizona Human Subjects Protection Program office at 520- 626-6721.

By responding to the survey and uploading your AAPI, you are giving permission for the investigators to use your information for research purposes.

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/1035856/Qualification-of-Internship-Applicants

Thank you.

Emery Mahoney, Ph.D.
    [email protected]
    The University of Arizona

5. Gina Dunckel

Gina Dunckel

Dec 30, 2013
    Hello Fellow Psychology Students,

My name is Gina Dunckel, M.A., I am a doctoral candidate for a Clinical Psychology program at Illinois School of Professional Psychology, Argosy University. I am conducting a clinical research project that seeks to investigate multicultural psychotherapists and their conceptualization of PTSD. This online survey will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. You are eligible to participate in this study if you are a therapy or advanced practicum student and a doctor of psychology candidate, psychology predoctoral intern under supervision of a licensed psychologist, clinical psychology post-doctoral fellow, or licensed psychologist. This study is entitled: “Multicultural Psychologists and Case Conceptualizations” and is supervised by Dr. Brighid Kleinman ([email protected]). If you would like to participate in the study please click the link to begin the survey https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=154229
    Your participation is greatly appreciated! Please feel free to share this link with others that may meet the inclusion criteria. If you have already taken this survey, thank you for your time and disregard this request. This study has IRB approval and has been approved for posting on this forum.

Thank you for your time,

Gina Dunckel, M.A.
    [email protected]

6. MCParent

MCParent Bronze Donor Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Faculty
    (This study has been closed. Thank you to those who participated!)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  7. Psychebabble

Psychebabble

Mar 18, 2014
    Greetings,

My name is Kristin McLaughlin and I’m a third-year Counseling Psychology doctoral student at the University at Albany, SUNY. A colleague and I are conducting a study on therapists’ interpersonal attitudes. I would be very grateful if you could take 20 minutes to participate in our online study. I realize that time is extremely precious to graduate students and early career professionals. By taking this time to complete the online survey, you will help us to better understand how our attitudes as therapists may influence our clinical judgment.

In order to participate:
    • You must be at least 18 years of age.
    • You must have completed or be currently enrolled in a graduate program in counseling, clinical
    psychology, or a related field.
    • You must have graduated in or after 2007 if you have already completed your graduate studies.

Please click on this link or copy this link to a browser to access the survey:https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=152599

I would also appreciate if you could pass this information along to peers or colleagues who may consider participating. I would like to stress that participation is completely voluntary and you may withdraw at any time. Data collection will be anonymous.

If you have questions concerning your rights as a research participant or if you wish to report any concerns about the study, please contact the University at Albany’s Office of Regulatory Research Compliance at its toll –free phone number1-866-857-5459or via email at[email protected]. You may also contact me at[email protected]or the faculty sponsor of this study, Dr. Myrna Friedlander, at[email protected]or(518) 442-5049.

Thank you!!!

Kristin L. McLaughlin
    Doctoral Student
    Division of Counseling Psychology
    University at Albany, State University of New York

8. kea2115

kea2115 2+ Year Member

Feb 5, 2011
    The following research request has been reviewed by SDN, including its IRB approval (Loyola University Chicago #2192) , and approved for listing. This questionnaire is ongoing and will be recruiting participation until otherwise stated. Thank you!
    ----------------------
    Dear Members,

LINK: http://snapsurveys.luc.edu/snapwebhost/surveylogin.asp?k=138757586276

I am a faculty member in Counseling Psychology Program at Loyola University Chicago. My research team is conducting a survey study related to patriarchal beliefs and cultural values. I need your help in the completion of this important task. The survey will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.

You must be an adult (18 years old or above) residing in the United States in order to participate in this study.

If you are interested in this research, please click the link above or below. Upon completion, you will be able to enter a raffle to win one of two $50 Amazon gift cards.

. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Eunju Yoon, Ph.D.
    Assistant Professor
    Counseling Psychology, Loyola University Chicago

LINK: http://snapsurveys.luc.edu/snapwebhost/surveylogin.asp?k=138757586276

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.