info on vegas dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jla87

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can someone tell me information on the vegas dental school please? I am trying to decide if I should apply there ...I am out of state

Members don't see this ad.

check out predents.com but UNLV accepted 52 instate and only 25 out of state.

The generally have 150-200 applicants for the 50 in-state spots, and over 2000 for the 25 out-of-state spots.

Members don't see this ad :)
but how is the school? I heard there was some kind of cheating thing going on and they are on probation?

but how is the school? I heard there was some kind of cheating thing going on and they are on probation?

I think that cheating thing was a few years ago, but lots of schools have had cheating issues. I actually visited the school 2 weeks ago for their dental simulation weekend. The on-campus clinic is brand new, and all the students seemed to like it there. Its not in the best location but they have an on-campus police car patrolling all the time. The dean of student affairs is awesome, but the dean of admissions wasn't very warm and friendly. Overall its a decent school.

The cheating incident happened a couple years ago. The students have graduated, but I don't know if they were granted licenses. They did not cheat on a test. They just used a temporary faculty's ID number to sign themselves out of lab so they could get out early or something. This is just what I read in the local paper in Vegas.