Informal Poll - How did you first hear about military dentistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArmyDentistGal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just performing some informal information gathering. I'm curious to hear about how you first found out about the Health Professions Scholarship Program or about a career as a military dentist.

Members don't see this ad.

Just performing some informal information gathering. I'm curious to hear about how you first found out about the Health Professions Scholarship Program or about a career as a military dentist.

once i found out how expensive private dental schools were, the whole process for me started with a google search. from there the rest is history

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Many personal family friends are military dentists, but I really got interested after speaking with a recruiter at the Greater NY dental convention. I'm Army HPSP.

Many personal family friends are military dentists, but I really got interested after speaking with a recruiter at the Greater NY dental convention. I'm Army HPSP.
Not sure what your schedule is like now that you're in school, but if you're able to go to the Greater NY dental meeting this month, you should check out the Army booth again. Dr. Alex Smith will be there, and it will be great to continue to meet more Army dentists!

Not sure what your schedule is like now that you're in school, but if you're able to go to the Greater NY dental meeting this month, you should check out the Army booth again. Dr. Alex Smith will be there, and it will be great to continue to meet more Army dentists!
I am going this year as well, I will be sure to drop by and say hello to Dr. Smith. He was the first recruiter I spoke with!

Recruiters from each service (except Air Force) showed up at my school to talk to the juniors/senior about HPSP. I think 20-25 pre-meds attended.

I was a freshman at the time. I snuck into the back of the meeting out of curiosity. I was also the only pre-dent there. By the end of the presentation, I was hooked and I got my recruiter's business card that day.

I later got in touch with the Air Force too.

Reactions: 1 users
My Dad took the scholarship for Med School and I received more information early on via the Pre-Dental club at my undergrad

I am already in the military as a dental assistant in the Navy.. so I work with a lot of military dentists already and I plan on going with one of the scholarships.