Information on Managed Healthcare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheTrojanMan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone suggest a good resource (website or book) to learn about the current managed healthcare system in he US. I'm wanting to find out more aobut HMOs, PPOs, Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross, Blue shield, and all the rest. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

TheTrojanMan said:
can anyone suggest a good resource (website or book) to learn about the current managed healthcare system in he US. I'm wanting to find out more aobut HMOs, PPOs, Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross, Blue shield, and all the rest. thanks

An excellent book is Understanding Health Policy: A Clinical Approach by Thomas S. Bodenheimer and Kevin Grumbach. I believe it is a textbook, so if you are in college it will prolly be found in your library. This book is quite short and covers everything! Sometimes it is a little complicated because of the economic aspects, but there are great conclusions at the ends of the chapters. To find this book, I just went to my library (college library) and did a subject search on health policy. Good luck on your search!