Program-Specific Info / Q's Information: University of Pittsburgh & TWU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sydnee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

I've recently been accepted to both Pitt and TWU Houston, and I'd greatly appreciate it if any current students would provide some feedback/info of either program.

Also, does anybody know what the tuition/fees would be for an out of state student? I've found some numbers, but I just want to verify.

Thanks in advance to anyone who shares info on the programs or cities!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your acceptances! When did you hear from Pitt?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received my acceptance from Pitt this morning! Getting cold feet about the total cost though, I'm out of state as well. It doesn't look like they offer much in the way of financial aid besides loans. Anyone have thoughts/advice on this?

@Sydnee they emailed me back a curriculum sheet with the current tuition and fees and lab costs for each term. The total cost is $83,790 for an out of state student. The email also said that tuition increases each August so it will end up being more than that.
Thank you for looking into it and letting me know! I was hoping for something a little bit lower. I'm starting to consider cheaper alternatives now.

I just received my acceptance from Pitt this morning! Getting cold feet about the total cost though, I'm out of state as well. It doesn't look like they offer much in the way of financial aid besides loans. Anyone have thoughts/advice on this?
Congratulations!!! What exciting news! I feel ya, the tuition is making me hesitant to accept.

So what I've determined from TWU is that tuition & fees for the MOT program is $766.82 per hour, and that the program is 83 hours. That would put the cost of tuition and fees at $63,646.06. This sounds a little more reasonable to me. Anyone care to verify this? I hope I'm not missing something and that this is close to the actual costs.

So what I've determined from TWU is that tuition & fees for the MOT program is $766.82 per hour, and that the program is 83 hours. That would put the cost of tuition and fees at $63,646.06. This sounds a little more reasonable to me. Anyone care to verify this? I hope I'm not missing something and that this is close to the actual costs.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find out that it was 83 credit hours? I've been digging around but haven't found anything official.