Not open for further replies.

tasooey

University of Penn
7+ Year Member
May 23, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Hello to all,

Having been through the frustrations of medical school applications, a few of us current medical students are compiling a wiki that will contain up-to-date information from admissions offices.

What are some questions you wish the medical schools made easier to find out?
(Ex. Rolling admission? Dual Degree Programs? Best time to apply? Average scores?)

Please let us know so we best know how to prepare this guide for y'll!

Edit: We know that this is pretty much an online MSAR. In our experience, however, the MSAR data is often wrong and outdated. The online wiki is our attempt to fix this.

Last edited:

mattnumbernine

5+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
percentage of out-of-state vs in-state applicants accepted, and how many that interview are accepted rates

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I wish clinical year breakdowns were better. Its such an important time, I wish more emphasis was drawn to third and fourth years.

OP
T

tasooey

University of Penn
7+ Year Member
May 23, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I wish clinical year breakdowns were better. Its such an important time, I wish more emphasis was drawn to third and fourth years.
Could you elaborate? Do you mean information such as:

- at what point do you begin clinical years
- grading system during clinical years?
- required rotations?

Thanks!

Jan 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
How about the percentage of graduates that match with their top choice?

Juneilow

7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2010
New York, NY
Status
Medical Student
Number and breakdown of required letters of recommendation.

Policies on how multiple MCAT scores are viewed.

afob100

ASA Member
7+ Year Member
May 27, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
percentage of out-of-state vs in-state applicants accepted, and how many that interview are accepted rates
+1

The problem is that schools don't generally release this information...even in the MSAR it only shows # interviewed, then matriculants (but not # accepted).

Some schools' websites do have this information but usually not readily available.

Oct 22, 2010
In a galaxy not so far away...
Status
Pre-Medical
A section that breaks down the "what are my chances" wall with no questions left to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.