Informative Technology + Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vietricester

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any information on these? such as building software for pharmacy and also knowledge about medicine. My friend told me that they have this kind of residence program, is this true? who can I contact? I am good with Computer and I am tired from retail ^_^

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
QS/1 used to employ pharmacists in a similar capacity. I'm not sure if they do any residency things, but I would check with with them or perhaps Epic

what is QS/1? Thank you for your kindly reply

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know any information on these? such as building software for pharmacy and also knowledge about medicine. My friend told me that they have this kind of residence program, is this true? who can I contact? I am good with Computer and I am tired from retail ^_^

Another company to contact is Cerner. Currently they are hiring implementation consultants and a Pharm.D. is always a nice boost. They look for people who have the ability to learn the software and the project system development life cycle.

I've worked in Pharmacy Informatics for the past 6 years and we had a Pharmacy Student do an informatics internship with my team last year. For more information, please PM me.

In Boston, the best places would probably be BWH and MGH...Partners Healthcare is huge in terms of CPOE/EMAR/etc. When you start looking at residency, you'll find some places with actual residency; Cedars-Sinai and Vanderbilt are some that I ran into with specific rotations/residency in that area.

As an RPh you really wouldn't be working on software (like writing code) unless you came from a CS/IT background. From what I experienced, you're more like a liason between the computer people and the clinicians, maybe knowledge management, working on databases, clinical alerts, etc.

I think a lot of students think it's boring and lame, but any hospital with various interfacing systems and any interest in med safety needs people in this area.

Another company to contact is Cerner. Currently they are hiring implementation consultants and a Pharm.D. is always a nice boost. They look for people who have the ability to learn the software and the project system development life cycle.

I've worked in Pharmacy Informatics for the past 6 years and we had a Pharmacy Student do an informatics internship with my team last year. For more information, please PM me.

thank you longhornatheart,

I PM you, please check mailbox :)