1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

InfoSource is a crock!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ItsGavinC, Nov 24, 2002.

1. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Yep, AADSAS *continues* to lead us along (some would call it lying) as they have in the past.

I.S. was planned to be up and running on July 30. Then the date was pushed back to early September. Then, in the confirmation sheet mailings, it was set for late September.

Recently is was set for December 2 (the first day that many will find out their stats).

Now, the date is set for December 15! Frankly, I wouldn't put any stock in anything that AADSAS says. I recognize that many of you found this out early in the application process, but my app. was handled smoothly, so I haven't had any real grudges against AADSAS.

Bottom line: Don't plan on being able to log-in and check your status in one fell swoop! Be prepared to send out emails and spend some time on the phone on the 2nd.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dragonfly9

dragonfly9 Frickin' Chicken
    7+ Year Member

I'm just ticked that AADSAS fees went up so much this year with the addition of Infosource.

Remember guys, patience is a virtue. . .In the long run its only a couple days and its not worth stressing over. I am perfectly willing to make good friends with my mailman :)

Stressing out will just give us all wrinkles at an early age! :D

4. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Right about now, I truly hate AADSAS. I sent in my application in mid-August and Transcripts/LOR in the first week of September. I called between the third week of September and October 22 on a weekly basis to check on the status of the application, ie sent out the app and LOR/Transcripts. They told me on October 22 that it should be sent out that day. So I was relieved.
    Between the first and third week of October I was getting postcards from schools stating that they have yet to receive my LOR's but I didn't sweat it since I figured AADSAS hadn't sent it. Now I'm getting more postcards from some of the same schools saying that they still haven't received them. I called AADSAS about it and they were very nonchalant about it and said they would send it again. :mad:
    Fuming in NY

5. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

PashaJ,

Sorry to hear about your situation. But your not alone. AADSAS did the same thing to me. They sent my LOR and Transcripts to only a couple of my schools. I waited over a month for them to send it to the rest of the schools and they assured me 3 different times that they had mailed it out. However, the schools never got them. So I just mailed out the transcripts and letters to the school myself. If you really want to get stuff completed, I suggest you just do it on your own. DON'T rely on AADSAS. They are very unorganized and can't get stuff done.

6. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Juan,
    Thanks for the info....I'll have to wait until January for that as one of my professors is in Europe and he refuses to use email.
    Thanks for the info though.

7. Comet208

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Pasha,

i suggest that you find another professor to write you a LOR. sending a recommendation that late in January puts you at the end of the pile... and it is not fair....

good luck

8. dragonfly9

dragonfly9 Frickin' Chicken
    7+ Year Member

I had my LORs sent directly to the schools as well as to AADSAS. The letters sent directly beat the letters from AADSAS by almost a month!

9. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Luckily I interviewed at NYU about a month ago and their decision should come in the mail within the next week so I won't sweat it until next Thursday if I get bad news from NYU.
    Obviously you can tell that NYU is my #1 choice (my alma matter)