Infosource updated?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Rovert, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Rovert

Rovert Member
    7+ Year Member

I just was messing around, and I went to the Infosource webpage. Even though it clearly states that it won't be updated till December 2nd, my status at one school changed. All it says is that I was offered an interview at Boston U (which I already knew a long time ago), but its still something. All of my other schools are not updated at all in any way. Maybe some of you have some more interesting information stuck up there out of the blue.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Several of mine say "denied" (which I already knew about), while all the others say "N/A".

I keep checking it at random intervals, hoping that somebody slipped up and entered an "acceptance" in a little bit early! :D

4. Dentalstu02

Dentalstu02 Member
    7+ Year Member

I checked and mine said "offer made" for BU. Thats it. Anyone else have anything?? My friend had the exact same thing..

5. Comet208

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I am confused... where is this info source that i don't know about (and can't find it either)? would someone please post it so i can check my status too???

thx

6. Qoo

Qoo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    go to http://infosource.adea.org
    you guys got me all excited and i went to chk mine... nope, data will be available after dec 2. i couldnt even log on... is that the correct URL?

~Qoo

7. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Dentalstu,

Good news! I spoke with somebody today who is in charge of the form/function aspect of InfoSource, and he said that the random items that are showing up under the status section ARE correct!

That means you will be accepted to BU (they will make you an offer). Congratulations -- I suppose you are the first person on SDN to have an acceptance!

Schools began loading their information into the system today, and the InfoSource website was still online for a couple of hours AFTER information was put in. You'll notice that the website is now offline because of this.

Oh well, congrats on the sneek peak!

8. Qoo

Qoo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    boo!!! wish i saw this thread earlier... this waiting sucks, especially the last couple of days!!! I think I need a drink! :p

Congrats, Dentalstu!!!!
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

~Qoo

9. Dentalstu02

Dentalstu02 Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks! I will gladly accept the first sdn acceptance! But, I think that I will be more comfortable when they notify us officially on Dec. 2. Thanks for the info!

10. snaangirl

snaangirl Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

help... when i go to that website it just says itll be up dec. 2nd.... whats the exact url?

thanks

snaangirl:oops:

11. Rovert

Rovert Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm fairly certain you're looking at the correct URL. A few hours after my initial posting on the subject, I think someone down at aadsas h.q. realized they were leaking information and closed down the webpage. Oh well... we'll just have to be patient for another 10 days or so.

12. snaangirl

snaangirl Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Now it says dec. 15 th!!!! SHEESH!

13. roster88

roster88 Member
    7+ Year Member

I was wondering if schools can see the status of a students on infosource. Like can they see if someone has been accepted or waitlisted or interviewed at some other school.
    I hope this is not so, and I hope aadsas keeps this info confidential.
    Can someone comment on this?
    Thanks