Inorganic Chemistry- Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MonicaP

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be taking inorganic chemistry & physics this fall. Looking back what
book(s)and or materials do you wish someone had told you to use? Also, would you take the 2 courses together or would you start with one & wait a semester to add the second.

Members don't see this ad.

No offense, but are you kidding me. Inorganic chem and physics is nothing in terms of difficulty when taken together. but it depends on where you attend, and what your major is. Also, if you are interested in medicine. But in general, you will have to take a harder course load be it in med school or even your upper lever years of your undergrad.Hope this helps.

Hey Monica,

I think DOMan's heart is in the right place, but what he doesn't realize is that everything is relative to where you are in the game. Inorganic chemistry and physics are moderately difficult courses for someone at your level. They will require you to study, and you will do well. In a few years you'll look back and say, "Wow chemistry and physics are a piece of cake." That's because you'll have transcended to a higher level of understanding through practice.

My advice to you is to do all your homework. Do all the assigned problems and do the recommended problems. Keep up with it every night. Don't get behind. Read the text as it concurs with the lecture material. I recommend you read the text quickly before lecture, and then in depth afterwards. This way you'll have been exposed to the material 3 times before actually tackling the homework. Without a doubt you'll bring in A's and you'll have a firm understanding of the subject which is needed later for the MCAT.

As far as materials... Your assigned text and any solutions manuals that goes along with them will be fine. Take good notes in class and do all your practice problems. chemistry and physics are 75% practice and 25% ability.

Good Luck and you if need help with anything just ask!

W.

Originally posted by MonicaP:
I will be taking inorganic chemistry & physics this fall. Looking back what
book(s)and or materials do you wish someone had told you to use? Also, would you take the 2 courses together or would you start with one & wait a semester to add the second.

Members don't see this ad :)
DOman:

If physics & chem were such a piece of cake everyone on this forum would have a 4.0. Instead I am constantly coming across posts of people asking what their chances are, because of low GPA and/or Mcat. So no, I am not kidding, and yes I have a 4.0 and want to keep it that way!

[This message has been edited by MonicaP (edited 07-21-2000).]

sorry guys. i apologize for that post. the person that did that was my younger brother. now here is real input from me. Like wishupon a star said, it is all relative to you. Do you feel like you have a shot at handling the coursework?if yes, then proceed cautiously.If not, then what is the rush. understanding the material is more important than the grade ( my opinion) Anyways, i hope this helped more than the other post by my 18 year old brother. If you need anymore advice...notify us on this post. Once again, sorry for any inconveniences.