Input and Suggestions Appreciated

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by locitamd, Dec 20, 2001.

1. locitamd

locitamd Senior Member

So I have a question for you all, and would appreciate all honest opinions. I?m officially done with all of my coursework as of late last night. Before the AMCAS fiasco, I had originally planned on spending the remainder of the year overseas working with a relief agency, e.g. Care or International Rescue Committee (for those unfamiliar, they are akin to Medicin Sans Frontieres). While I still would like nothing more than to carry out my plan, I think it would be unwise to leave the country having only had one interview thus far. Any ideas about how to spend the remainder of the year?

Thanks in advance for the input.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. WSUreds

WSUreds Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Well, it really depends on your finacial situation. If you are not in great need of $$$, stay here and volunteer somewhere either clinically or just locally. Sounds like you already do alot of volunteering, so you know how rewarding it can be.

4. locitamd

locitamd Senior Member

5. UCLA2000

Attending Physician
    You can also volunteer in non medically based programs. Tutor kids, camp counselor, learn an instrument, learn to scuba dive. You can do all sorts of things with your time off.

6. EMTgirl

EMTgirl Member

maybe you should get a job and save some cash for med school moving expenses. honestly, if i was assured of my acceptance into med school, i would quit my jobs as an emt and an er tech and i would work at starbucks. or maybe a cool bookstore. i just want a kick back job where i can talk to interesting people that is totally NON medically related. we are going to do medicine for the rest of our lives, people, let's chill while we can!

7. The Falconer

The Falconer Member

EMTgirl has a point. You've done gobs of ec stuff! Kick it and relax, make some money and get ready for more studying! You will have more interviews to get to soon enough!