Insight into Des Moines University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dd1000

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight into Des Moines University, particularly with regard to the cohort and vibe of the school? When I interviewed there it seemed that there were many nontraditional students or older/married students as the school is very family and spouse friendly. Nothing wrong with that, but will I fit in as a younger, single person?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry this is a random question but when did you hear back from Des Moines?

Sorry this is a random question but when did you hear back from Des Moines?
I applied early in September and interviewed in October, then heard back about two weeks after the interview. It seems like a solid program and the facilities are very nice. Are you from the area? Do you know much about the program?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed there I noticed the same thing, but also saw a good blend of younger students. I talked to a bunch of them and it seemed like a really tight-knit school. Overall, it seems like it will be fairly easy to fit in!

Reactions: 1 user
Just a quick followup to this thread. I talked to several people and it seems that Des Moines is a very nice town to live in and students are very happy with their choice to attend DMU. Thanks everyone!

Does anyone have any insight into Des Moines University, particularly with regard to the cohort and vibe of the school? When I interviewed there it seemed that there were many nontraditional students or older/married students as the school is very family and spouse friendly. Nothing wrong with that, but will I fit in as a younger, single person?

Just wondering if anyone accepted their offer from DMU? I am considering applying in the next application cycle and was wondering about the stats of some successful applicants and what they place an emphasis on. Also if anyone knows if they take the highest grade of retaken classes or the average.