insights on DREXEL Univ.????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. ZZ

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey people, just trying to figure out drexel univ. I have an interview there soon, and i would like some feed back from anyone that knows anything about the place...pros...cons...etc.. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

For me the biggest con when I interviewed there 1 yr ago was the tight-wad nature of the Tenet company that runs the hospital. It was obvious that they were in penny-pinching mode as evidenced old computers, no PACS, etc. I encourage all applicants to get an idea of the financial position of any program you are considering.

so what did you like about the program???

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed recently at Drexel and came away with an entirely different impression of the program. I absolutely loved it! The program directors and leadership of the program are wonderful - very receptive to their residents and constantly tweaking things in the program to make it better. The residents seem very happy and Philly is a great place to live (cheaper than DC or Boston). Yes, Hahnemann University Hospital isn't the most attractive building in the world, but the mix of training here and at Abington Memorial lets you see a little bit of everything..Overall, a great program that definately deserves a closer look!

I agree...drexel seems like a great place to go..it has alot of potential no matter what area u wanna go into....im just wondering what's gonna happen when TENET closes down Graduate Hospital...because TENET owns Hahnemann. I just wonder why drexel doesnt attract a better representation of residents (majority of residents are FMG's from india..etc...eventhough there are sum american grads and they seem caribbean FMG friendly as well and sum DO's) Im guessing because of the competition in the area...i.e: thomas jefferson, temple, Upenn and those programs are pretty big as well.