inspiration for your avatar?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cgbg

Eyes of Auslander
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious why people chose their avatar as they did. obviously for some it is self explanatory.

for me its because i love actor/ comedian zero mostel, the original tevyeh in fiddler on the roof and the original max Bialystok from the producers. i used to have a pic of him with an upset/confused look on. but now im in better spirits so hes smiling, anyone care to share?

Members don't see this ad.

starcraft

in before moved to all students :hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine's because I've memorized every Calvin and Hobbes comic strip in existence. Not as good a party trick as you'd think though.

Me in the OR..... The whole pic shows my uncle, the surgeon, giving the :horns: haha

edit: now its an Oakley symbol.....

I am a huge believer in rules and regulations. They are there for a reason and should be followed. Cheaters are a drain on everyone

Because rats are Godly?

They sure are!
PBF189-Keep_on_Truckin.jpg

One of the best albums of the 90's. My old avatar was a Surgeon with a katana blade.... that was just some random pic.

..because I love my engagement ring :D

I owe my Penn acceptance in part to my fiance, for getting me more into video games and poker which led to one of the best interviews I had. Haha.

Because I listen to a lot of music and like playing Mario Bros. games :p

It was the best one I could google that resembled my username. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Because there is a regulation in Va that makes it illegal to hunt children

This was the funniest picture of a pygmy marmoset (my favorite primate) that I could find. I always look at this picture if I am sad, and it makes me happy, cuz it is so awesome.

Its funny... I was actually thinking of a thread like this, but I did not want to have it deleted for being off topic, as in not about medicine.

I picked something I would NEVER get tired of looking at, every time I post.

I am a huge believer in rules and regulations. They are there for a reason and should be followed. Cheaters are a drain on everyone

By the way, have you noticed that officiators in the NFL have gotten huge recently? I remember as a kid they'd always be relatively average or even scrawny, but that guy looks bigger than tom brady.

Oh, and Im a camwhore

got in before being moved!

I recently escaped the restriction of thinking and living freely that is religion. My avatar is the happy human, the official symbol for humanism, which celebrates an ethical and productive life free of the supernatural.

I recently escaped the restriction of thinking and living freely that is religion. My avatar is the happy human, the official symbol for humanism, which celebrates an ethical and productive life free of the supernatural.

:thumbup:

[This is somewhat embarassing on a pre-med forum but whatever...]

I have been tap-dancing on-and-off since I was in first grade and I took an advanced "Tap Technique" course last spring. It was really fun and so I just decided to use an animated tap-dancer as my picture.

My old avatar (and the one I use at most other places) is an animated picture of Aladdin (from the Disney movie) running - simply because Aladdin is the best animated Disney movie of all time. :thumbup:

props to textuality for bumping poker. POKER IS THE WAY INTO MED SCHOOL!!!

props to goaway for his escape from religion.

i really love how this thread is running, props to me for starting it.

Bob Barker owns everything.

mine's a lysozyme crystal.

It's beautiful in appearance and in function.

Frankly, i'm not sure that I could live without her.

I change my avatar quite constantly.

I like this one because my favorite color is blue (and as you know, I wanna be a doctor :p). I want my avatar to have a scalpel in it, too...

God of War anyone? Nuff said

:rolleyes: Because I'm a hippie at heart haha... and when I visited Jamaica in 2006 it coincided with a major positive transition in my life...the effects of which I still experience today...

I'm a huge Marley fan...and sometimes it can all be as simply stated as "One Love..."

I like monkeys.

The greatest sport in the world and the greatest day of the year.. NFL Draft Day.

My avatar used to be Dwight K. Schrute from The Office.

bunnies are adorable and coffee is awesome

Psych is one of my fav shows, Shawn and Gus are so cute. I had a Bently GTC before this, fine piece of machinery that car.

here's another bunny, though mine can whoop ***. he's a smoking bunny. i use this pic cause that smoking bunny , whom i call "smokely" , if my official mascot of inspiration whilst on this crazy path to med school. i bring him with me whenever i have something intense to do school-wise. i suppose some people would call him a good luck charm, except that i don't necessarily believe in luck, unless you count random arbitrary signs and symbols of fortune created to amuse or entertain... and only if it is positive, then sure.

also, the smoking part i love. i quit three years ago, but sometimes i still think about those damnable cancer sticks... i feel better knowing that smokely is out there on my window sill... puffing down for the rest of us quitters.

Psych is one of my fav shows, Shawn and Gus are so cute. I had a Bently GTC before this, fine piece of machinery that car.

I've noticed the Shawn and Gus. So excited for season 3!

My avatar is just me with my old cat.

I have a bunch of wee mee's. I usually use my pirate one, but I was on a different computer when I changed it from the snowboarder, and I haven't bothered to change it to the pirate.

It had the perfect shock and awe factor.

Its actually the front of a pack of "Goodbye kitty" gum.

God of War anyone? Nuff said

I have played both god of war 1 and 2. Let me just say, it has to be one of the best games available for PS2. But since god of war 3 is coming out only for PS3, I might just have to buy the system. Though Xbox 360 has more variety of games. Not to mention, Resident Evil 5 is only available for that console.

And do I really need to explain my avatar??? H & K rocks!

I used to write like a robot back in high school...

handwriting_by_browniee.jpg

I picked mine b/c I think my sheltie is the cutest puppy ever...and ever since we got her my bf and I have turned into the crazy dog people who treat their puppies like children...lol. She's on there since I usually post at work and this way I don't have to miss her cuteness all day...

it's really kind of sad, but she is pretty adorable.

:eek: Have you ever thought about getting a job doing the lettering in cartoons?

Yea, I've realized long ago that I could probably do something with my handwriting. The question is...would it pay the bills? lol

The real accomplishment has been getting a couple of my friends including my cousin to write in all capitals. That's what I've been doing since junior high and once even got a zero on a paper draft for doing so.
So...writing in all caps...that's my OCD insanity.

I am interested in some kind of surgical specialty.
And I am also a little bit of a gear head (auto mechanics, and it looks like the guy is working on car rather than a human :eek:)

Yours is def. the best ChePibe!!!!

I picked mine cuz I'm a fresh of the boat aka FOB to an extent and love all things Indian. LOL

Because there is a regulation in Va that makes it illegal to hunt children

:laugh: lol.

i really love squirrels (an interviewer actually gave me a nut to catch squirrels with at my ucla interview...haha)..
plus, i think this is an expression that i actually make often...

I really don't like dogs.