Inspiring medical movies, tv shows, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That was hilarious lol.

"Your v****** is like a peach"

Best line in the clip.

At least he showed true dedication to the oath :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
good show, i actually wanted to do that for life but then i looked up medical examiner's salary and i was like, yea, nm.
Out of curiosity I Google'd up a medical examiner's salary and was surprised at how low it is, but then searched for a forensic pathologist's salary which is easily six figures. I didn't know there was really a difference in the job titles since they're both sometimes used interchangeably.

I see the torture device known as television for what it really is - a machine to siphon attention span, brain power and analytical ability from a perfectly sound person and replace it with ADD and prepackaged, unrealistic presumptions about reality.

One physician I have worked with in particular is amazing in his bedside manner, conduct, intelligence, range and quality of hand skills, experience and overall attitude towards life and relationships.

I need no imaginary television delusions, I have the real thing to look up to.

Already mentioned before but...

GREY'S ANATOMY.

I started watching the show and I'm zipping through Season 3 already :D. Also, it is pretty inspiring and not always medically accurate because there aren't crazy surgeries all the time. But I realized that each episode doesn't represent the 'next day' per se, but gaps in time.

I see the torture device known as television for what it really is - a machine to siphon attention span, brain power and analytical ability from a perfectly sound person and replace it with ADD and prepackaged, unrealistic presumptions about reality.

One physician I have worked with in particular is amazing in his bedside manner, conduct, intelligence, range and quality of hand skills, experience and overall attitude towards life and relationships.

I bet you are terrific fun at parties!

Out of curiosity I Google'd up a medical examiner's salary and was surprised at how low it is, but then searched for a forensic pathologist's salary which is easily six figures. I didn't know there was really a difference in the job titles since they're both sometimes used interchangeably.

they go through different trainings. Forensic Pathologist goes thro pathology residency while medical examiner goes thro something else i think.

sounds like a lonely vigil

girls-getty_1376498i.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
whenever I feel down or discouraged! I watch SCRUBS! as unaccurate as that show is! It always motivates me to push harder towards my goals!

SELF FIVE!!!!

Training Grounds is a powerful blog written by a current M3. I found it yesterday. It's well-written and LOL funny. However, some entries are more depressing than others especially when he writes about his peds clerkship. Check it out, it's written by a SDN member.

scrubs! Def not medically accurate.

Actually, every case on Scrubs has been medically documented. So I would say it's accurate as far as the cases go, not sure about the daydreaming though...haha

Because there are absolutely no educational channels on television whatsoever. Channels like National Geographic, The Discovery Channel, Discovery Health, The History Channel, etc., simply do not exist.

OH, and one of my friends is an intern at UNC-CH and her attending would spend each day after a House episode going over the differential with the students. I thought that was pretty cool.

Yeah, it is a good show for those of you who are considering to go into medicine, but are not sure yet. It really does show some of the good stuff that real doctors see on an every day basis.
The show is pretty old, but beats any other reality hospital shows.

Not surprised no one mentioned Vital Signs. Whatever is good about it is the drama/romance, not the representation of medical school.

HawthoRNe right now is my favorite medical drama on TV right now. I love Jada and I love medical drama so the show is a win-win for me.

I work for a company that actually picked up the marketing for this series from TNT, which is how I became aware of it to begin with, but as the second season progresses (and despite the fact that I haven't seen the 1st personally) I find the characters really fun and compelling.

Anyone check this series out?

Oh come people,

St. Elsewhere anyone? HelLO?

I have to admit I enjoy a good Nip/tuck every once in a while as a guilty pleasure as well

The Expendables is easily the most inspiring movie I've ever seen

ok... Doctor's Diaries on NOVA.

Not inspiring. I just bumped a year old thread about it, begging someone to tell me happy stories about being a doctor who has a happy life.

ugh

Channels like National Geographic, The Discovery Channel, Discovery Health, The History Channel, etc., simply do not exist.
Discovery Health will cease to exist come January 2011 when the Oprah network takes over. :scared:

Discovery Health will cease to exist come January 2011 when the Oprah network takes over. :scared:

This is how the world ends: not with a bang, but with Oprah Winfrey destroying Discovery Health.

My entire reason for ever watching TV is gone. :cry:

MASH, LOST, ER, House, Boston Med!