Instant DAT Scoring, Yea or nay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys like the fact we get to see our scores as soon as we are done with the DAT? I think it is great if you did well, but if you bomb it, I would hate to know so soon after.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys like the fact we get to see our scores as soon as we are done with the DAT? I think it is great if you did well, but if you bomb it, I would hate to know so soon after.

NO. that score comes up so fast after you hit end or submit or whatever on the math section....arrrrrrrgh. i got scared,closed my eyes,and then looked at my scores section by section.hahaha

I love it. I couldn't imagine waiting weeks for the score.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought i would have gotten it after I walked out of the testing room, but BOOM! the scores popped right up after the last section. It took me a while torealize what they were. :laugh: But I loved it! No waiting required... then you to home to celebrate or to study more beginning that night. Waiting sucks and it is awesome as how it is now. :)

When you're sitting at home waiting for your NBDE scores to come in the mail (like me right now), you'll realize how nice it is to get your results back as soon as you finish the test. ;)

There's a good 15 second (seems a lot longer) wait after QR while the results load. Just enough time for you to throw up a little bit in the back of your throat.;)

I wonder if I can have the testing center mail them to me. lol

those were the worst fifteen seconds of my life. okay,maybe second to the fifteen seconds it takes the driving instructor dude to tell you if you passed your road test or not. cause before youre like :eek: and then youre like :cool:

getting the scores after taking the exam is awesome, though i'll agree those 15-30 seconds it takes to score the exam feel like forever, and it took me a couple of seconds to register (mentally) the score.

be prepared to start yelling in the parking lot, either out of sheer joy or anger/disappointment

getting the scores after taking the exam is awesome, though i'll agree those 15-30 seconds it takes to score the exam feel like forever, and it took me a couple of seconds to register (mentally) the score.

be prepared to start yelling in the parking lot, either out of sheer joy or anger/disappointment

They should wait to give it to when you are leaving. I know I would disturb other people taking tests, no matter what the score is, either cursing or screaming.

I actually am taking the DAT next Thursday. I've done all the studying I can handle and am excited to see my score. It would thoroughly stink to wait a few months to see it (even if I bombed it). The nervousness would probably take a few extra years off my life. I, for one, will be on here that very day to tell my scores, good or bad.:)

the computer I was on was old and after qr I could hear it working to calculate my scores. hat was so scary. my life depended on that compuer for those 15-30 seconds. freaky...

Yea it's nice to see the score right after. Although I'm still kind of angry that during the QR section my computer froze, but the clock kept ticking. The same problem was on the screen for almost 3 minutes..and the lady at the testing center told me there was nothing she coudl do and that she couldn't explain why it was happening haha. So needless to say I had to rush the through a large part of that section..and my score showed it. Sometimes I think those few minutes changed my whole approach to the application cycle. But oh well, I managed (thankfully!)

I love that it pops right up. Once I saw that string of 20's I just left it on the screen, haha. I was too worried that if I pushed anything else it would erase my scores. The lady told me to go back in and fill out the survey :laugh:

After writing the Canadian DAT, I had to wait 6 weeks until my score was mailed to be and it was so painful.

When I wrote my test, I actually misbubbled my ID # on the scantron sheet on the PAT section of the exam, which came after natural sciences. I changed the error literally a minute before time was up. So you could understand how nervous I was about making the same error on the natural sciences and not fixing the mistake. Furthermore, some guy in my section went up and asked to have his exam voided because he misbubbled every question by 1 on the natural sciences, and did not have time to fix his mistake.

Both of those things make me extremely anxious about making encryption errors, and knowing the test score right after would have really saved me. Ultimately, things turned out alright and I didn't make any stupid mistakes.

I don't see the cDAT going to computer mode anytime soon due to the carving portion, unless they assess that seperately, or remove that section all together.

After writing the Canadian DAT, I had to wait 6 weeks until my score was mailed to be and it was so painful.

When I wrote my test, I actually misbubbled my ID # on the scantron sheet on the PAT section of the exam, which came after natural sciences. I changed the error literally a minute before time was up. So you could understand how nervous I was about making the same error on the natural sciences and not fixing the mistake. Furthermore, some guy in my section went up and asked to have his exam voided because he misbubbled every question by 1 on the natural sciences, and did not have time to fix his mistake.

Both of those things make me extremely anxious about making encryption errors, and knowing the test score right after would have really saved me. Ultimately, things turned out alright and I didn't make any stupid mistakes.

I don't see the cDAT going to computer mode anytime soon due to the carving portion, unless they assess that seperately, or remove that section all together.

I wonder why you guys still do the craving section. Only LSU makes you carve in the U.S, and that is during the interview.