1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Institute of Medicine report

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jifi, Mar 20, 2002.

1. jifi

jifi Member
    7+ Year Member

What do you guys think about the "Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care" report just released?

<a href="http://www.iom.edu/iom/iomhome.nsf/Pages/Recently+Released+Reports" target="_blank">http://www.iom.edu/iom/iomhome.nsf/Pages/Recently+Released+Reports</a>

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. crazygop

crazygop Member
    7+ Year Member

I think the people writing that report have an agenda - look at the name of the organization. Besides, I don't think that anyone can read it - it says you have to buy the report?

4. jifi

jifi Member
    7+ Year Member

follow some of the links...you can actually read it online (not PDF)...there is also a realplayer stream

5. jifi

jifi Member
    7+ Year Member

Im not sure what you mean about the name of the organization? i know that the agenda, the objective of the meta analysis was commissioned by congress

6. reesie0726

reesie0726 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

crazygop, I also don't understand what you mean about the name of the agency commissioning the study. I don't even think that this study is coming up with some new startling revelations that minorities might face disparities in the health care system. I think that maybe this study might be helpful for us as future physicians to be aware of the need to understand how to communicate and address the needs of patients from different ethnicities.

7. jmejia1

jmejia1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by crazygop:
    <strong>I think the people writing that report have an agenda - look at the name of the organization. Besides, I don't think that anyone can read it - it says you have to buy the report?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm confused about what percieved agenda you're refering to? Provide quality care to everyone independent of thier ethnic background? Anything wrong with that?