Institutional Action...How to answer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yanks26dmb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I may have received an institutional action back in 2005 for beer on campus. I honestly can't remember the outcome of my judicial hearing, but know there were no real punishments handed down. I called the school to verify and they are unable to tell me because they destroy records after 7 years. How should I go about answering this question given the fact I can't remember and no record can be located to verify?

edit: spoke to lawyer and dean of student conduct...there was no IA. whew!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I may have received an institutional action back in 2003 for having a joint on campus. I honestly can't remember the outcome of my judicial hearing, but know there were no real punishments handed down. I called the school to verify and they are unable to tell me because they destroy records after 7 years. How should I go about answering this question given the fact I can't remember and no record can be located to verify?

If there's no record of it, there's no reason to report it IMO

Just write up your explanation in the box, and own the transgression. Then the IA will be ignored. You have nothing to worry about.

So I may have received an institutional action back in 2003 for having a joint on campus. I honestly can't remember the outcome of my judicial hearing, but know there were no real punishments handed down. I called the school to verify and they are unable to tell me because they destroy records after 7 years. How should I go about answering this question given the fact I can't remember and no record can be located to verify?

Reactions: 1 users