Insurance Premiums Could Triple...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Old_Mil

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspi...-prepare-clients-for-obamacare-sticker-shock/

"local carriers are hinting to her that premiums may triple this fall, when the plans unveil how they'll billet the full brunt of Obamacare's new regulations and mandates."

Just a heads up for those of you who are buying your own; going from paying $1200 a month for family coverage to $3600 a month would be a nasty surprise.

Members don't see this ad.

We knew this would happen. It's part of the plan. The more people and companies that decide not to pay it, the more will drop private insurance and move to Obamacaid. Each and every time that happens we are one step closer to phasing out private insurance, and having everyone on a government plan, and eventually, single payer.

Members don't see this ad :)
True. But if you are either paying for or considering a position where you will be paying for your own coverage you need to budget accordingly...

Sent from my A110 using Tapatalk 2

If you want some serious lulz, read the comments on that article.

If I am understanding things. The plans in the exchanges will be something less than bronze, Bronze Silver, and gold.

The subsidies will be based on the Bronze level. The closer you get to gold the lower your deductible etc. This seems like its still a big time money loser. This is what happens when legislation that isnt thought out becomes law.

We need to define our terms better.

I hereby propose that, "Obamacare" be renamed "Obamacaid." The "care" in Obamacare implies that people will receive care.

The "caid" in Obamacaid implies that it will have more in common with Medicaid, where people will present to doctors offices and be told, "No thanks."

Last edited: