Insurance??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bradwilkins

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be a M1 @ Wayne St. in the fall. They are saying we need to show up with health insurance or but it from them which is like 3 G's per year (kinda expensive :eek: ). So my question is does anyone know of any affordable insurance for students?????

Members don't see this ad.

You should be able to find insurance for cheaper although the coverage may not be as good. Check www.insure.com which will search many health insurance providers for the best deal. But, be wary about the small print if you are concerned about having adequate coverage for all your health care needs. If you are just interested in catastrophic coverage with a fairly high deductible (i.e., it won't cover anything for a trip to the primary care doctor with a case of the sniffles) you shouldn't have to pay more than about $500 per year.

The nice thing about taking the university coverage is that it usually covers you 100% for visits to the student health center.

maybe cigna. i don't know how they compare to others. i rarely use it, but it's only $89/month for a healthy male mid 20s.