Integrated Anesthesia Medical Group in Los Angeles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tony C anesthesia

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any experience with this group?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They suck. They suck even worse than Prime Healthcare hospitals suck, and Prem Reddy's hospitals suck pretty bad. I think that the founder of IAMG is closely related to Prem Reddy.

They suck. They suck even worse than Prime Healthcare hospitals suck, and Prem Reddy's hospitals suck pretty bad. I think that the founder of IAMG is closely related to Prem Reddy.

I have heard a lot of negative things about this group! People don't stay with them more than couple months!!

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to be an idiot to join them. They count on a alot of new grads to join. I was one. I stayed for a few months and then got the hell out. They make sheridan/envison look like a dream job. I'm not kidding. The rumor is the founder sold the group to an AMC (pacific health works) which seems to be an ED staffing agency/group I believe. It's hard to know as nothing was every communicated to us. The founder had to stay on for a few years in transition and got fired last year for doing such a crappy job/losing contracts/raging dishonestly and mismanagement of funds. I had some friends there and lawyers got involved for the group not paying their docs. They lost their contract in culver city to a decent PP; hey lost their sole norcal hospital to envision. They may have a few more, but I will be surprised how long they last.

Usually this group contracts with prem reddy hospitals (the founder would get the contract to all of them). You never want to work for a reddy hospital 9mostly in LA valley, CA), as his model is to buy distressed hospitals and with creative accounting makes medicare patients profitable and cut all other costs. It emphasizes ED admissions, and cuts all non profitable OR cases, cutting volume way down. Stay far away. Their is a popular LA times article if you look on reddy hospitals.

You have to be an idiot to join them. They count on a alot of new grads to join. I was one. I stayed for a few months and then got the hell out. They make sheridan/envison look like a dream job. I'm not kidding. The rumor is the founder sold the group to an AMC (pacific health works) which seems to be an ED staffing agency/group I believe. It's hard to know as nothing was every communicated to us. The founder had to stay on for a few years in transition and got fired last year for doing such a crappy job/losing contracts/raging dishonestly and mismanagement of funds. I had some friends there and lawyers got involved for the group not paying their docs. They lost their contract in culver city to a decent PP; hey lost their sole norcal hospital to envision. They may have a few more, but I will be surprised how long they last.

Usually this group contracts with prem reddy hospitals (the founder would get the contract to all of them). You never want to work for a reddy hospital 9mostly in LA valley, CA), as his model is to buy distressed hospitals and with creative accounting makes medicare patients profitable and cut all other costs. It emphasizes ED admissions, and cuts all non profitable OR cases, cutting volume way down. Stay far away. Their is a popular LA times article if you look on reddy hospitals.

Absolutely true. I have personal experience with Reddy hospitals. Reddy himself is a dishonest man. At one of the hospitals I used to work at, they "mandated" we float swans on all our cardiac patients... they would then turn around and bill for a right sided cath.

Prime Healthcare ordered to pay $6.5 million in back wages

Lowest of the low and a Reddy system doesn't care about you.
Walk away and give them the finger on the way out.

Furthermore... never go to a Reddy hospital. You'll go in for a mild fever and suddenly find yourself in the ICU after 3 CT scans, an MRI, a TEE, a TTE and a CVL. They will d/c you the next day with the same mild fever. Dishonest to the bone. Seriously know of stories like these.

Reactions: 1 user
"The suit also alleged that Prem Reddy, the India-born founder of the company, would demand that emergency room doctors be fired if they didn’t admit Medicare patients."

They won't let docs direct admit from clinic either. They must go through the ER to get the full battery of tests even the doc already know what the problem is.

Furthermore... never go to a Reddy hospital. You'll go in for a mild fever and suddenly find yourself in the ICU after 3 CT scans, an MRI, a TEE, a TTE and a CVL. They will d/c you the next day with the same mild fever. Dishonest to the bone. Seriously know of stories like these.

You forgot about the LP!

How can a hospital never mind several be allowed to operate like this? Incredible.

Last edited:
How can a hospital nevre mind sevral be allowed to operate like this? Incredible.

Meanwhile JHACO os crawling up OUR asses to time and date syringes and over regulating how we handle our controlled drugs.

Reactions: 2 users
I have no doubt that these hospitals are encouraging dishonest practices. However, at the end of the day the physicians are the ones putting in the orders and carrying out unnecessary procedures, so they are just as complicit as the hospital.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Prem Reddy - Wikipedia

"On July 8, 2007, the Los Angeles Times ran a news story that alleged that the policies of Prime HealthCare Services, Inc. resulted in higher than average profits at the possible cost of patient care. According to the Times story, "When Reddy's company, Prime Healthcare Services Inc., takes over a hospital, it typically cancels insurance contracts, allowing the hospital to collect steeply higher reimbursements. It has suspended services — such as chemotherapy treatments, mental health care and birthing centers — that patients need but aren't lucrative.... On four occasions since 2002, inspectors have found that Prime Healthcare facilities failed to meet minimum federal safety standards, placing their Medicare funding at risk."[11]

In 2005, two former nurses at Desert Valley Hospital won a lawsuit in which they claimed they were improperly fired after they accused hospital management of providing inadequate care to save money and Reddy of repeatedly reporting to work while under the influence of alcohol. In February 1999, Reddy was arrested for allegedly attacking Harry Lifschutz at Desert Valley Medical Group. Reddy jumped over a desk in the doctor's waiting room and allegedly attempted to choke him and take a laptop from Lifschutz's office.[12]

Prime Healthcare Services is under investigation by the United States Department of Health and Human Services and the California Department of Justice about concerns over a reported spike in septicemia. The investigation centers around whether the spike in septicemia represents a large public health issue or potential Medicare fraud. Six Prime hospitals ranked in the 99th percentile of U.S. hospitals for septicemia and five were in the 95th percentile.[13]"

Say what you want about these hospitals but that's efficiency

Reactions: 3 users
Prem Reddy - Wikipedia

"On July 8, 2007, the Los Angeles Times ran a news story that alleged that the policies of Prime HealthCare Services, Inc. resulted in higher than average profits at the possible cost of patient care. According to the Times story, "When Reddy's company, Prime Healthcare Services Inc., takes over a hospital, it typically cancels insurance contracts, allowing the hospital to collect steeply higher reimbursements. It has suspended services — such as chemotherapy treatments, mental health care and birthing centers — that patients need but aren't lucrative.... On four occasions since 2002, inspectors have found that Prime Healthcare facilities failed to meet minimum federal safety standards, placing their Medicare funding at risk."[11]

In 2005, two former nurses at Desert Valley Hospital won a lawsuit in which they claimed they were improperly fired after they accused hospital management of providing inadequate care to save money and Reddy of repeatedly reporting to work while under the influence of alcohol. In February 1999, Reddy was arrested for allegedly attacking Harry Lifschutz at Desert Valley Medical Group. Reddy jumped over a desk in the doctor's waiting room and allegedly attempted to choke him and take a laptop from Lifschutz's office.[12]

Prime Healthcare Services is under investigation by the United States Department of Health and Human Services and the California Department of Justice about concerns over a reported spike in septicemia. The investigation centers around whether the spike in septicemia represents a large public health issue or potential Medicare fraud. Six Prime hospitals ranked in the 99th percentile of U.S. hospitals for septicemia and five were in the 95th percentile.[13]"
OMG, This just happened to one of our hospitals in town. And now everything is out of Network. I hear they make most of their money thru the ER and everything else suffers. OR volume is going down.

Any experience with this group?

IAMG or whatever name they are now using is the worst anesthesia group in Los Angeles area by far. You must be an idiot or so miserable to sign with them. Stay away if you haven't signed yet or get screwed!

Last edited:

You can't compare IAMG to EnVision. IAMG is a horrible choice to start with. Envision is not that bad at all.

Tuition and fees of 60K per year. Good Lord, this ought to be illegal.
Is this considered economical even by California standards?
Thank God I am from TX.

That is typical for private medical schools everywhere these days. I agree it is nuts.

Where did he start out getting funding for acquiring hospitals and building medical schools? Can't imagine a physician's salary would allow such large expenses

Does it mention class size? Clearly this guy only wants money. Won't be surprised if he makes it a huge class

First class size is 60 students, eventually to be 150/class. It is probably limited by the LCME based on the availability of clinical rotation sites. It’s a fully accredited, legit medical school.

Isn’t it common to charge tuition for dental residencies? It could happen in medicine too given the shortage of GME slots.

Isn’t it common to charge tuition for dental residencies? It could happen in medicine too given the shortage of GME slots.
Folks, this anesthesia group had no connection with prime! They were covering prime hospitals.