Integrated Medical Curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

po' boy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here seen this website (http://www.imc.gsm.com)? This thing is awesome and it used to be free, but now they're charging subscription fees...oh well.

(If anyone here has already subscribed to this site and wants to share their password, send me a private message. I'd be very appreciative :^)

Members don't see this ad.

I used to use their Clinical Pharmacology 2000 website ALL the time, but they now charge for it too. :( They sent out emails asking for input on whether we'd be willing to pay, and I BEGGED them not to charge. Obviously they didn't listen to me. :rolleyes: Oh well.

R

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, the website addy for that if anyone is interested is:
http://cp.gsm.com/

It truly is the best pharmaceutical database I've found online. <sigh>

R

edmadison,

I may be a Napsterite or something, but i prefer the term "educational sharing." :D

Somewhat unfortunate, but alas not surprising. On small target-niche sites that have to keep on developing their own content, banner-ad revenue won't even come close to covering the costs of the writing staff anymore. There is now only a trickle advertiser money, and many places to advertise on, so the revenue has dropped so low that only if the site is utterly pounded every day (eg theonion.com) will it bring in a reasonable revenue. (This SDN site is somewhat different since it is mostly a discussion board, that writes itself by the users, so a staff of writers doesn't need to be paid). They probably had two choices: sell the site (unlikely to find a buyer in today's climate willing to pay more than 10% of its development cost), shut it down (or abandon any new development on it, and just let it wither away), or try to charge for it (which may end up shutting it down anyways).

Best wishes, roo

I agree with the logic behind charging for access to such a wonderful site, but at least for the pharmacology page, I wish they'd limited charging to business-class users (those in practice already).

It seems that allowing students to continue to use the site for free would benefit their website in the long run, since it gets students hooked so they're willing to pay to continue to get the info once they're making $$$. :)

R.