Integrating Other Materials Into Kaplan Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonbajulce

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i've been looking for a Kaplan course schedule that integrates other great materials (like Cliffs Bio, Topscore/Achiever, Destroyer, CrackDATPAT, and/or Chad's), but couldn't find one yet. Has anyone done this before?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, i've been looking for a Kaplan course schedule that integrates other great materials (like Cliffs Bio, Topscore/Achiever, Destroyer, CrackDATPAT, and/or Chad's), but couldn't find one yet. Has anyone done this before?

Not sure what you're asking. Are you looking for a sample study schedule that lays out all those things you mentioned on a daily basis or are you asking for a Kaplan course that covers those materials?

Not sure what you're asking. Are you looking for a sample study schedule that lays out all those things you mentioned on a daily basis or are you asking for a Kaplan course that covers those materials?

I'm looking for a schedule that someone has used that includes the better DAT resources (like chad's and destroyer) with the Kaplan course stuff.

The Kaplan course gives the same schedule to every student. That schedule only uses KBB (the white version, actually), online practice questions, and online practice tests.. I'd like to use Destroyer and all that good stuff and I was wondering if anyone has actually done that before.

I've read other people asking for a similar schedule, but no one has ever really answered/responded them with a homemade kaplan + other stuff schedule

Here is what I did:
Week 1 to 1.5: Read and outlined the Kaplan book, I started with the sciences and wouldn't start the next until I completely finished the subject. Every night before I wrapped up studying, I read over the notes I made in a spiral. I took the subject tests after I was completely done with that section. I didn't do the RC until later. I knew that Kaplan book inside and out. There are questions on the Kaplan online in Bio that weren't covered well in the book such as embryology, specific physiology, menstrual cycle and operons. I went over old class notes and searched online. I did the same for some of the O-chem going over O-chem second language book for stuff that was not explained well in Kaplan book. I also went through the Kaplan online QR (much harder than real test). Did a few reading passages. Did the PAT section tests from Kaplan.
Week 2: I did a practice test. Went back over every question on the test and took notes. (Whole time still going back over my notes in my spirals every night) Went over sections I was weak at from the practice test. Started to take practice tests every 2-3 days. Studying my weak points in between and re-studying my notebooks. Got the DAT destroyer and math destroyer. I did about 30- 40 questions from each section a day. Still doing practice reading sections. Went over the Quick Sheets from Kaplan.
Week 3: Started to do 1 full math test from Destroyer every day or so. Continued to go over notebooks and problems I missed from practice tests. I was still doing questions from Destroyer as well. For PAT, was pretty good at Kaplan's online stuff.
Week 4: Went over all of the Kaplan flash cards. I bought the 5 test CDP PAT sections. I did about 1 a day. Studying hard for QR memorizing the trig stuff and log stuff and probability. Took the real test almost exactly 4 weeks from starting my studies.

I started right after I was done with finals. I would get to the Library at 7am and leave at 10 pm. I took short lunch breaks. I started going easier on the studying the 4th week, just mainly focusing on weak areas.

Other tips: Don't worry about where you start score wise. Focus on not missing the same kinds of questions twice and just get better each test. It doesn't have to be drastic improvements. Focus on the task at hand which is putting yourself in the best position possible to get into dental school (you can party and hang out with friends later). I was disappointed with my PAT because I was scoring much higher on practice but I think it was because Keyholes threw me off (weird abstract shapes and I had to pee really badly and the stress of the test kind of got to me)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

My results: AA: 25 TS: 26 PAT: 22
PAT: 22
QR: 23
RC: 23
BIO 24
GC: 28
OC: 25

Here is what I did:
Week 1 to 1.5: Read and outlined the Kaplan book, I started with the sciences and wouldn't start the next until I completely finished the subject. Every night before I wrapped up studying, I read over the notes I made in a spiral. I took the subject tests after I was completely done with that section. I didn't do the RC until later. I knew that Kaplan book inside and out. There are questions on the Kaplan online in Bio that weren't covered well in the book such as embryology, specific physiology, menstrual cycle and operons. I went over old class notes and searched online. I did the same for some of the O-chem going over O-chem second language book for stuff that was not explained well in Kaplan book. I also went through the Kaplan online QR (much harder than real test). Did a few reading passages. Did the PAT section tests from Kaplan.
Week 2: I did a practice test. Went back over every question on the test and took notes. (Whole time still going back over my notes in my spirals every night) Went over sections I was weak at from the practice test. Started to take practice tests every 2-3 days. Studying my weak points in between and re-studying my notebooks. Got the DAT destroyer and math destroyer. I did about 30- 40 questions from each section a day. Still doing practice reading sections. Went over the Quick Sheets from Kaplan.
Week 3: Started to do 1 full math test from Destroyer every day or so. Continued to go over notebooks and problems I missed from practice tests. I was still doing questions from Destroyer as well. For PAT, was pretty good at Kaplan's online stuff.
Week 4: Went over all of the Kaplan flash cards. I bought the 5 test CDP PAT sections. I did about 1 a day. Studying hard for QR memorizing the trig stuff and log stuff and probability. Took the real test almost exactly 4 weeks from starting my studies.

I started right after I was done with finals. I would get to the Library at 7am and leave at 10 pm. I took short lunch breaks. I started going easier on the studying the 4th week, just mainly focusing on weak areas.

Other tips: Don't worry about where you start score wise. Focus on not missing the same kinds of questions twice and just get better each test. It doesn't have to be drastic improvements. Focus on the task at hand which is putting yourself in the best position possible to get into dental school (you can party and hang out with friends later). I was disappointed with my PAT because I was scoring much higher on practice but I think it was because Keyholes threw me off (weird abstract shapes and I had to pee really badly and the stress of the test kind of got to me)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

My results: AA: 25 TS: 26 PAT: 22
PAT: 22
QR: 23
RC: 23
BIO 24
GC: 28
OC: 25

thanks toothman. i pm'd some questions to you.