Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Interested In Giving Yor Opinion???

Discussion in 'Step I' started by pristine21, May 15, 2007.

1. pristine21

pristine21 Junior Member

Medical Student
    I am trying something no-one else I KNOW has tried and I am a bit nervous- if you're interested please send me a personal message telling me a little about yourself, ( and if you dont mind how you do in med school, how you did on the exam) and most imp... what you think of my plan...

I was a barely below average student 1st year and a fairly above average student 2nd yr (honors 1X and near honors ~4 X) I finally think I figured out the med school thing but I have a bad history... I failed my SAT's (1040) and had to take my MCAT's 2X (25 and 27) SO I am a BIT nervous. My mistake in both of those instinces was not doing enough questions so this time around Im not gonna do that again... I am hoping to make Q bank my primary learning tool (annotating FA etc...) and for assessing my progress I plan on using the NBME self assesments and USMLE World

My goal is a 220, but I would like to see a 230+ and would be devistated if I got below a 215.

I would love to hear your thoughts on my 7 week plan:

I am spending 10 hours a day and taking off sundays (Catchup or break) every day for the first 5 weeks and going hardcore (12-14h days) for the last two

I plan on spending ~2 hours on 20 q bank questions in the begining and picking up the pace later- spending a good 4-6 hours a day just on that- Depending on how many q's there are in QB some days will be all subject based and some days will have more random Q's. I plan on reading the answers to all of them- annotating FA and reading up on stuff I am very weak in...

Day 1 NBME form 1- easy form - to assess my weak points from the start and either scare the crap out of me or boost my confidence... then

4 days pharm
    4 days micro
    3 days anatomy embryo cell bio
    3 days biochem/ molecular bio
    2 days for each theme (on average- total 3 weeks)
    during the theme studying I will review the anatomy,embryo and pharm.
    1 week review and complete QB during this week (timed)!!!!!!!!!
    NBME forms 2+3 as a full exam (2 days to take and make schedule based on the results)
    9 days review and USMLE world (I may also use these days if I feel I need an extra for a subject or something- or if I do well on the practice I may push my exam up)

I will use FA and QB as my primary resource with
    full review of...
    BRS Phys
    BRS Path
    Micro rediculously simple- charts only
    HY cell mol bio
    Pharmcards

and as reference resources only...
    Kaplan lecture notes for biochem and pharm
    Lippincotts biochem and pharm (even though I hate these books)
    USMLE roadmap- anatomy
    Neuroanatomy rediculously simple
    HY behavioral sci
    Lange Micro
    Robbins and other texts...

MAIN QUESTION... AM I CRAZY FOR SPENDING 90% OF MY TIME ON JUST FA AND QB????

Thanks for your help everyone and best of luck...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.