PhD/PsyD Interested in grandkids raised by their grandparents? I have the lab for you!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irish80122

DCT at Miss State U.
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am posting the message below on behalf of one of our junior faculty members who is looking for 1-2 clinical psychology doctoral students this year. This is a great fit for anyone who is interested in studying children who are primarily raised by their grandparents, or the effects of caregiving on those grandparents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon!

My name is Danielle Nadorff, and I am an Assistant Professor in the psychology department at Mississippi State University.

I am reaching out to ask for your help in passing on this message to any undergraduate or Masters-level students you know who may be interested in obtaining a Clinical Psychology Ph.D. I am an affiliated faculty member of MSU's Clinical Psychology program and will be accepting one or two new students for the upcoming academic year into my Grandfamilies Lab. Our lab's research focuses exclusively on custodial grandfamilies, that is, families in which a grandparent is raising one or more grandchildren. Specifically, we examine the social, mental, emotional, behavioral, and physical outcomes of custodial grandchildren and their grandparents, as well as investigating how they compare to children raised in foster care. You may find examples of our research and a listing of current students on our lab's website. We also apply our findings in the community's Relatives As Parents Program (RAPP) support group, for which I am the director.

On a programmatic level, our Psychology program is APA accredited, and trains using a scientist-practitioner model. Applications are due December 1st.

Thank you all very much for your help in finding the next generation of grandparenting researchers! If you have any questions, please contact me at [email protected].

Have a great day,

Danielle K. Nadorff, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology
Mississippi State University
P.O. Box 6161
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Lab website: http://www.grandfamilieslab.com

Members don't see this ad.