1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Interested in PA School

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by Cutie, Feb 26, 2002.

1. I am taking pre-reqs at Community College, then I want to transfer to 4 year. It seems getting the BS is the way to go, so any helpful hints would be helpful. Where do I begin, who do I ask? Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks
    Michelle

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    aapa.com

4. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

He means, AAPA.ORG, not .COM :D

5. MannyJ

MannyJ New Member

speaking from experience, i would look into getting some health care experience now while you're finishing your pre-reqs. most programs look for previous health care experience. it'll save you time in the long-run. there are other sites as well such as physicianassociate.com where you can get more info. feel free to email me if you have anymore questions.

manny

6. smc927

smc927 El Flaquito
    7+ Year Member

I'm not sure I understand your questions, but I think you are asking which undergraduate degree program is best to get into med school. ??
    If so, don't assume science is best. While you need to do well in the required courses, they (the medical school) will want you to have a well rounded education.
    I have two good friends who have gone through medical school. They both got undergraduate degrees in Spanish and got into medical school w/out any problems.
    The interview one had to get into med school focused on two things: 1)His Eagle Scout award and 2)his service as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
    You should do well in science, but get involved in other things as well. Be an acheiver!

7. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanx cvpa!

8. Thanks for all the advice. And as for the friend who was accepted into Med school, that is great they focused on his mission. I too am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Days Saint. I did not serve a mission, but my husband did. Well, after a few days of thinking, I decided to not go the PA route. It sounds good, but not for me. Thanks again for all the help.

Michelle