• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

C

Cutie

I am taking pre-reqs at Community College, then I want to transfer to 4 year. It seems getting the BS is the way to go, so any helpful hints would be helpful. Where do I begin, who do I ask? Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks
Michelle

About the Ads

MannyJ

15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2002
bay area
Status (Visible)
speaking from experience, i would look into getting some health care experience now while you're finishing your pre-reqs. most programs look for previous health care experience. it'll save you time in the long-run. there are other sites as well such as physicianassociate.com where you can get more info. feel free to email me if you have anymore questions.

manny

smc927

El Flaquito
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2002
Wandering Around
Status (Visible)
I'm not sure I understand your questions, but I think you are asking which undergraduate degree program is best to get into med school. ??
If so, don't assume science is best. While you need to do well in the required courses, they (the medical school) will want you to have a well rounded education.
I have two good friends who have gone through medical school. They both got undergraduate degrees in Spanish and got into medical school w/out any problems.
The interview one had to get into med school focused on two things: 1)His Eagle Scout award and 2)his service as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You should do well in science, but get involved in other things as well. Be an acheiver!

C

Cutie

Thanks for all the advice. And as for the friend who was accepted into Med school, that is great they focused on his mission. I too am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Days Saint. I did not serve a mission, but my husband did. Well, after a few days of thinking, I decided to not go the PA route. It sounds good, but not for me. Thanks again for all the help.

Michelle

About the Ads
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.